Frequently Asked Questions (For Employers)
Why Hire a JMU Engineer?
- are characterized by a strong interest in science, math, and technology
- enjoy learning about how things work, and excel in design and problem solving activities using a wide variety of different tools and methods
- have good interpersonal skills, are articulate communicators, and enjoy working in groups to design new things
- interests tend to be broad rather than narrowly defined
- are characterized by a curiosity and a practical ingenuity that makes them want to understand the natural and man-made world around them and use that understanding to solve real-world human problems.
How do I request an On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) visit?
You may request an OCR visit online through Recruit-A-Duke. View detailed directions on how to register your company so you can be included for invitations to our career fairs at JMU. During regular business hours, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, you may call our office at 540-568-8988 and a staff member of the Department of Engineering will be happy to direct your call.
Where is your office located?
We are currently located at 801 Carrier Drive in the Health and Human Services Building (HHS) in Suite 3234. View map.
Where can I park when I visit campus?
All visitors to campus are required to obtain a free temporary parking permit at Parking Services located on the ground level of the Champions Drive Deck. Parking Services’ business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. View a parking map.
How do I post jobs (full-time, summer internships, etc.) for the Department of Engineering students?
How do I schedule a company presentation?
You may request a company presentation by emailing email@example.com or feel free to contact one of our faculty members directly. You may also call our offices at 540-568-6241 and a Department of Engineering staff member will be happy to direct your call.
Where do I send recruiting materials?
You may email information to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail information to the address listed below:
Department of Engineering
James Madison University
801 Carrier Drive, MSC 4113
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
- September 28
Fall Career & Internship Fair
Festival Conference and Student Center
- October 2
Cohen Center Talk:
David Campbell of Boston University presents: Back to the Future: Recovering the Age of Wonder
- November 13
Cohen Center Talk: Henry Petroski of Duke University presents on the topics of design, success and failure, and history of engineering and technology.
Grafton Stovall Theater
- April 16, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.