Post Jobs and Internships
- Log into Recruit-A-Duke. (You must register first if you do not already have a NACElink account.)
- From the main menu, select the tab across the top of the page labeled Post Your Job.
- You can post your opportunities only to JMU students at no charge under the tab labeled Postings to JMU Students.
- You can post your opportunities to any school in the NACELink network using the OneStop feature. To view the fees associated with multiple-school postings, please refer to the following website at https://onestop.symplicity.com/?op=job_posting_rates
- Complete necessary fields and you have the option of selecting to receive resumes and required supporting documents via email or you can collect those in the system and view that information by logging into your Recruit-A-Duke account.
- Upon submitting your job/internship posting, you will receive an email from our office regarding the approval of your posting.
- Want to conduct follow up interviews with interested students and can't travel to JMU? No problem! Contact us to learn more about using Skype to conduct follow up interviews with students that apply to your job posting.
Guidelines for Posting
Employers post part-time, seasonal, internship and post-graduate openings free of charge for appropriate periods of time, based on specified application deadlines using our online recruiting system, Recruit-A-Duke. Postings must meet the following criteria in order to receive approval from JMU's Recruiting Services Program:
- Third party employers, search firms or employment agencies must fully disclose their status and information related to the organization(s) they are representing.
- Employers may not charge any "up front" fee as a contingency for employment, training, and/or work placement.
- There will be no solicitation of students, products or services, which includes the hiring of students to solicit for donations, products or services on-campus.
- Employer representatives must have an employer affiliated email address.
- The JMU Recruiting Services Program reserves the right to prohibit any organization from posting using our online recruiting system.
- Job Postings should be submitted to appear on Recruit-A-Duke for no longer than a one year time period.
- Employers must be an equal opportunity employer, offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or citizenship unless legally required, and provide equal employment opportunity to disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era.
- In compliance with job posting guidelines released by the Department of Justice, JMU will no longer provide work authorization as part of the screening criteria for job postings, on-campus interviews, or Career Fair registrations. Learn more about the Department of Justice online job posting guidelines. JMU assumes that the employer will advise all job applicants about their requirements regarding any specific job in compliance with various federal and state legislation. Volunteering of this information could be provided at the time that students submit their applications or when a prospective applicant makes a position-specific inquiry.
- If you encounter technical difficulties or have questions throughout the process, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are an employer seeking students for part-time job opportunities, please visit the Student Work Experience website.
- If you are an employer with a volunteer opportunity for students, please visit the Community Service-Learning website.