Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work
Phi Alpha is a national honor society whose purpose is to promote academic excellence among social work students. Membership in Phi Alpha is by invitation to students with a minimum of nine credit hours in required social work courses, holding a major Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 and a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Expectations of Phi Alpha Honor Society for Social Work Officers and Membership:
- Update and maintain Phi Alpha’s portion of the Student Organization bulletin board
- Plan an Induction Ceremony each semester with a speaker who focuses on academic excellence
- Coordinate a Research Poster Day in conjunction with Social Work Month (to occur early March)
- Assist department faculty and staff with planning a Senior Send-off event to recognize graduating seniors at the conclusion of each semester
- Identify two–three representatives (juniors or first semester seniors) to help with the CHBS satellite graduation.
The Phi Alpha Faculty Sponsor is Dr. Nancy T. Poe.