- J.D./M.S.W. - New York University, New York, NY
- B.A. - Eastern Mennonite University, Harrisonburg, VA
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA – BSW Program
- Rockingham County Public Schools, Harrisonburg, VA - Licensed School Social Worker
- Advocates for Children of New York, New York, NY - Skadden Fellow/Back on Track Director/Staff Attorney
- The Door, New York, NY - Skadden Fellow/Foster Care Legal Action Project Director/Staff Attorney
- New York City Anti-Violence Project, New York, NY - HIV-Related Violence Program Coordinator
- REACH (Research Education and Advocacy to Combat Homelessness, New York, NY - Advocate
- J. Bennett Johnston Learning Center at My House, Inc., New Orleans, LA -Director
Professional Interests and Affiliations
- Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors Association (BPD)
- AAAI/ISMA Certified Yoga Instructor
- Les Mills Inc. Certified BodyBalance Instructor
Recent Scholarly Efforts
- Dyson, Y., Martin, E., Trull, L., & Myers, K. (under review). Don’t Tread on Me - When Social Work Academics Get Defensive. Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping.
- Martin, E., & Myers, K. (under review). Teaching Embodied Self-Care as Self-Preservation in Social Work Education. Journal of Teaching in Social Work.
- Myers, K., Martin, E., & Brickman, K. (2020). Protecting others from ourselves: Self-care in social work educators. Social Work Education, 1-10.
- Myers, K., & Evans, K. (2020). Narratives from the closet: Stories of LGBTQIAP+ children and youth. Children, Youth and Environments, 30(1), 25-46.
- Myers, K., & Blausey, D. (2020). Confidentiality & Informed Consent. In Y. Awais & D. Blausey, Foundations of Art Therapy Supervision (pp. 102-117). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Martin, E., Myers, K., & Brickman, K. (2020). Self-preservation in the workplace: The importance of social worker well-being as practitioners and as field supervisors. Social Work, 65(1), 74-81.
- Trull, L., & Myers, K. (2020). Culturally humble or bumbling along? Measuring effectiveness of embedded diversity content in BSW curriculum. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 40(2), 188-203.
- Myers, K., Trull, L., Bryson, B.J., & Yeom, H.S. (2019). Affinity groups: Redefining brave spaces. Journal of Baccalaureate Social Work, 24(1), 1-18.
- Strunk, J., Kipps-Vaughan, D., Pavelko, S., Allen-Bronough, D., Myers, K., Gilligan, T., Kielty, M., Richardson, E., & Tacy, J. (2019). Interprofessional education for pre-service school-based professionals: Faculty and student collaboration. Teaching and Learning in Communication Sciences & Disorders, 3(1), 9.
- Myers, K. (2019). Marriage equality, relationships, and divorce. In C. L. Dente (Ed.), Social Work Practice with LGBTQIA Populations (pp. 10-26). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Myers, K. (2019). Education and schools. In C. L. Dente (Ed.), Social Work Practice with LGBTQIA Populations (pp. 92-113). New York, NY: Routledge.