This FAQ provides a wide range of information about JMU, including using your VA Benefits to pay for your education, JMU terminology, registration and financial questions and graduation information.

Admission Questions

Applying for Benefits and Other Military Related Questions

Orientation Questions

Financial Aid Questions

University Business Office Questions

Registration and Registar Questions

Transfer Credit Questions

Graduation Questions

Other Questions

Admission Questions

What are the different ways to come into JMU?

You can come to JMU in a variety of ways: undergraduate admission, graduate admission, transfer admission, international admission, and non-degree seeking admission.

  • For information on undergraduate, transfer, graduate, and international admission:
  • For information on non-degree seeking options:

I've applied to JMU, but haven't separated yet, so I do not have a DD-214. What do I do?

You will need to contact the admissions counselor you’ve been working with (i.e. through graduate admissions, undergraduate admissions, etc.). As soon as you are separated, you will need to supply JMU with copies of your DD-214.

Credit may be applied to your JMU transcript based on the number of years served listed on your DD-214. Jim Kelly in the Admissions Office is the Military counselor for JMU.

Do I need to pay the $250 deposit? Will I get this money back?

Yes. Your deposit will secure your place at JMU, as it is the official way you accept our offer of admission. Only after we receive your deposit will you begin receiving more information about JMU and your enrollment here.

Yes and no - The $250 deposit is a credit towards your tuition. It will either apply towards your bill or if your semester bill is fully paid, it will be refunded to you.

  • For more information:
  • For more information on meal plans and prices:

If my tuition is paid by the Post 9/11 Chapter 33 benefits each semester, do I still need to pay the $250 tuition deposit?

Yes, this is a required upfront fee that you must pay in order to secure your spot at JMU. It is credited towards your total tuition charge for your first semester and it will be included in the Tuition and Fees amount that we report to VA for your semester enrollment.

Where do I find my student ID number?

Your student ID number is a 9-digit number, beginning with "10" or "11", that is unique to you. You can find your ID number in several places:

  • Your acceptance packet
  • The confirmation receipt from your tuition deposit
  • Your "checklist" on the One Book website (
  • Your JACard (JMU Access Card), which you will receive at Orientation

How do I activate my e-ID?

Go to the Computing Accounts Portal: . Choose "Activate my e-ID" and follow the steps. Remember your password! This is what you will use to log in to MyMadison (e-campus) and Canvas! Your password will expire every 90 days. You will receive emails to remind you of this deadline – be sure to change your password before it expires!. NOTE: you cannot activate your e-ID unless you have paid your tuition deposit!

If you are experiencing problems, contact the computing help desk: 

What is MyMadison?

MyMadison (  ) contains all of the features of what used to be "e-campus." Here, you will register for classes, view your schedule and bill, change your contact information, view any holds placed on your account, and even access important academic advising features.

How do I set up my e-mail account?

Go to  and select "Setup your Live@edu e-mail account." The website will ask you for your e-ID and password, and then you can follow the directions to set up your email account.

Applying for Benefits and Other Military Related Questions

How do I request VA education benefits?

If you are entering JMU as a new student and have served, you will need to submit the DD-214 form when you apply.

To apply for VA benefits in chapters 1606/1607/30:

  • Complete and submit to VA online: VA Form 22-1990, Application for VA Education Benefits. This can be done thru the VONAPP website: 
  • Scan or upload your DD214 Member/4 copy, NOBE, and Kicker Contract if applicable
  • VA strongly encourages applicant to set-up direct deposit for its delivery of payments
  • When you receive your letter of eligibility from VA (within 12 weeks), contact Trudy Ham or Kelly Burch, JMU’s VA Certifying Officials: OR (540) 568-6569 or 568-4769.

If you are currently enrolled at JMU, we are able to process your request for benefits before you receive the letter of eligibility. Make sure to send us your letter of eligibility as soon as you receive it.

Be sure to bring:

  • your Certificate of Eligibility or copy of VA Form 22-1990 (from above)
  • DD-214 Member-4 copy
  • kicker contract (if applicable)
  • DD-2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) (available from your unit commander or from Sgt Canterbury, the National Guard recuiter at JMU in Memorial Hall)
  • Military or Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) transcript (if you've taken classes at another college) unless already sent to admissions
  • JMU’s Request for Veteran’s Educational Benefits Form

To apply for Chapter 35 benefits:

  • Complete and submit to VA online: VA Form 22-5490, Application for VA Education Benefits. This can be done thru the VONAPP website: 
  • When you receive your letter of eligibility (within 12 weeks), contact Trudy Ham or Kelly Burch, JMU’s VA Certifying Officials: OR (540) 568-6569 or 568-4769.
  • If you are currently enrolled at JMU, we are able to process your request for benefits before you receive the letter of eligibility. Make sure to send us your letter of eligibility as soon as you receive it.

Be sure to bring:

  • your Certificate of Eligibility or copy of VA Form 22-5490 (from above)
  • Military or Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) transcript (if you've taken classes at another college)
  • JMU’s Request for Veteran’s Educational Benefits Form

To apply for MSDEP (formerly Virginia War Orphans Education Program) benefits please visit the following link: 

To apply for Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits and you are a Service member or Veteran wanting to use the benefits for your own education:

  • Complete the VA Form 22-1990 on VONAPP ( and submit electronically to VA. Print a copy for yourself and one for JMU’s School Certifying Officials.
  • After you’ve registered and your class schedule is finalized, complete JMU’s Request for Veteran’s Educational Benefits form and deliver it and the copy of your VA Form 22-1990 to Trudy Ham or Kelly Burch, JMU’s School Certifying Officials: OR (540) 568-6569 or 568-4769.
  • Once the Certificate of Eligibility letter arrives, please provide a copy of that as well.

To apply for Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits and you are the dependent having the benefits transferred from a parent/spouse:

  • Go to  in order to make the transfer of benefits to the dependent. The service member will need a Common Access Card in order to log in.
  • After the Transfer of Benefits is approved by the Dept. of Defense or the Dept. of Homeland Security and you have graduated from high school, complete and submit VA Form 22-1990e on VONAPP website. This can be done by the dependent or parent. Print a copy for yourself and JMU’s School Certifying Official (SCO).
  • After you’ve registered and your class schedule is finalized, complete the JMU Request for VA Educational Benefits found at .
  • Provide a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to the SCO when it arrives in the mail.
  • For more information on Veterans Affairs at JMU: 

Can I get credit for my military service?

Yes! If you have one or more years of active duty, you will be granted 6 credit hours of health and kinesiology elective credit if you have not already earned credit in those areas. Submit your DD-214 to earn this credit.

If you have taken courses during your service, send a copy of your military transcript to the Registrar’s Office for credit evaluation.

JST is the Joint Services Transcript that will replace the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.
Click on this link to request transcript:  
The military issues transcripts that are based on the ACE guide.

How do I request my military transcript?

If you can not go through the JST request portal at

I have been called to active duty. What is JMU's policy regarding this?

Short term military Leave Policy - For Mobilizations and Activations of One Day to Three Weeks

Faculty members are expected to make reasonable academic accommodations or opportunities for students to complete course assignments and/or exams without penalty to the course grade for class absence(s) or missed deadlines due to mandatory military training or obligations. Students will provide faculty members with official military documentation (paper, electronic orders or a Unit’s memorandum) with as much advance notification as possible for absences that will result from temporal responsibilities of their military obligations. For time-sensitive state or federal emergencies/activations where written documentation may not be available until the end of the obligation, the student is responsible for securing those orders to provide to faculty members upon return to the university. For active duty deployments that exceed three weeks, students should refer to the university policy for “Students Called to Active Duty” on the registrar’s website. - See more at: 

Policy for Students Called to Active Duty - longer than 3 weeks

James Madison University supports students called to active duty in the armed services by providing for tuition relief and refunds, and for reinstatement of students whose documented service in the uniformed services has required their sudden withdrawal or prolonged absence from their enrollment in the institution. Included is service in the uniformed services whether voluntary or involuntary on active duty in the Armed Forces, including such service by a member of the National Guard or Reserve. When a JMU student is under call or ordered to active duty for a period of more than 30 days, the following provisions will apply.

Complete the "Withdrawal or Leave of Absence" form (found in the Registrar’s office or at and attach copies of applicable military orders.

The withdrawal process is appropriate if you are deployed to active duty and must begin that duty before the current semester has ended.

The Leave of Absence is necessary if you are deployed to active duty and will begin after the current semester has ended.

For information regarding tuition charges, room and board, text books, deposits, or your academic credit when called to active duty: 

How can I connect with other veterans/services members on campus?  or Like the Facebook Page:

Orientation Questions

Who is my advisor?

Your advisor is a faculty member assigned to you specifically to help you schedule your classes and plan for graduation. You will meet your advisor during Summer Springboard Orientation. If you forget who your advisor is, you can find them easily on MyMadison. Go to your student center under the "Student" tab on MyMadison. On the right hand side, there should be a box that lists your advisor(s). Clicking on "details" will give you links to send your advisor an email.

I am choosing my schedule. How do I know if I can make it to my classes on time?

Most buildings on campus are accessible within a 15 minute walk/bus ride. However, some buildings do require more than 15 minutes, like going from Memorial Hall to ISAT. Refer to this link to help you plan out your schedule.

How do I contact a professor?

If you are currently taking a class taught by this professor, you can email them via BlackBoard

Select the course of the professor you wish to contact

Under the "Communication" tab, select "Send Email"

If you would like to contact a professor not available to you via Canvas, try the Campus Directory: . Alternatively, if nothing comes up on the directory, try a Google search of "JMU" followed by the professor’s name.

Do I need to take the Math Placement Exam?

Yes. All new students at JMU must take the Math Placement Exam or a hold will be placed on your account, preventing you from registering for classes. The Math Placement Exam is important because it will assess what level of math you will best succeed in. Math is required for Cluster 3 of your General Education requirements.

For more information: 

Do I have to take the Honor Code Test/MREST Test? When and where do I complete them?

All tests must be completed by their respective deadlines, or else a registration hold will be placed on your account, preventing you from registering for classes. The MREST test must be taken in the Ashby Lab, which is located in Ashby Hall on the Quad. The Honor Code test is administered online, and can be taken at any location.

For more information on the MREST test: 

For more information on the Honor Code test: 

What¿s a Foreign Language Placement Exam?

The Foreign Language Placement Exam tests you on your knowledge of Spanish, French, German, or Russian. It will place you into a class based on your score.

You NEED to take the placement exam IF:

  • You are enrolled in a BA program. All BA programs have at least a 2-year foreign language requirement
  • You have taken 2 or more years of Spanish, French, German, or Russian in high school and plan on either continuing with that language or placing out of your language requirement
  • You did not take the SAT II in that language
  • Transfer students having taken a language at another university will not need to take the exam
  • If you had 1 year or less of a language in high school, or would like to start a new language, the Foreign Language Placement Exam is not necessary.

For more information: 

What is a JACard and how do I get mine?

Your JACard (pronounced "jack-card," strangely enough) is very important. It serves as your student ID, which does many things:

  • If you are living on campus, your JACard is what you will need to get in and out of your dormitory. Don’t forget it!
  • If you have purchased a meal plan, you will need your JACard to pay for your meals.
  • You will need your JACard to receive treatment at the University Health Center
  • If you are living on campus, you will need your JACard to pick up packages at the Post Office, or retrieve your combination for your mailbox
  • You will need your JACard to enter and use the University Recreation Center (UREC)
  • If you have a FLEX account, your JACard is how you will access those funds

For more information: 

You will receive your JACard when you attend Summer Orientation.

If you lose your JACard, make sure to deactivate it! 

A replacement for a lost, stolen, or damaged JACard may come with a small fee.

What is FLEX?

FLEX is a declining balance account that is linked to your JACard.

FLEX dollars can be used at a wide variety of on campus locations, as well as off campus venues

  • Pay for your laundry or printing on campus.
  • Use FLEX to purchase university-sponsored movies at Grafton-Stovall Theater or university-sponsored concerts at Wilson or the Convocation Center!
  • For a complete list of off-campus merchants accepting FLEX:

There are many more options and advantages for using FLEX. For more information: 

How do I buy a parking pass?

Parking Services is located underneath of the parking deck by Bridgeforth Stadium. Freshmen are typically not allowed to have vehicles on campus. Students who do have cars on campus are required to purchase a parking permit. Detailed information can be found at . Post 9/11 GI Bill does not directly pay for a parking pass. You must pay for it out of pocket.

Am I required to live on campus?

All freshmen must live in university-sponsored housing unless under certain circumstances (older first year student or local student living at home with parents.) After freshman year, you may choose to remain on campus or find housing off campus.

Do I need to buy a meal plan?

Meal plans are mandatory for all students living on campus. Off campus residents may choose whether or not they wish to purchase a meal plan.

Where can I eat on campus?

There are many choices for eating on campus. Visit  for a complete list of locations, menus, and hours. You have the option of purchasing a meal plan, adding dining dollars, or flex to your JaCard to enjoy the dining services. Visit for meal plans. 

How do I get my mail?

Every resident is issued a JMU Box number. All of the boxes are located in Warren Hall. Your Name JMU Box # 800 South Main Street Harrisonburg, VA 22807

Financial Aid Questions

Where can I find out about scholarships?

For scholarships provided through JMU, please contact the office of Financial Aid and Scholarships: . There are also many scholarships provided to students outside of JMU. Keep looking!

What¿s FAFSA? Do I have to complete it? What¿s the deadline?

The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Any student wishing to receive federal aid in paying for their tuition needs to fill out the FAFSA. It is required to determine what sort of aid you will receive. The FAFSA becomes available in January and is usually due March 1st. For more information or to complete your FAFSA: 

JMU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships: 

What is UDAP?

UDAP is a JMU sponsored program designed to protect students’ credit rating when paying utility bills when living off campus. You will also be able to connect your utilities without having to pay the deposit. UDAP will pay outstanding bills and then bill your student account. This charge will place a hold on your account until you pay it.

For more information: 

University Business Office Questions

What is the cost for Tuition each year?

Tuition is charged each semester based on the number of credits hours that a student is enrolled. Once an undergraduate student reaches 12 or more credits, a flat rate tuition cost is charged for the semester. Tuition rates are different for graduate students. The cost of Tuition and fees changes for each academic year. For more information on the most current tuition costs, please visit 

Where do I go to pay my bill?

Once your bill is available to be viewed and paid, you should receive an email. To pay in person, visit the University Business Office on the 5th floor of the Student Success Center. Payments made in person must be either cash or check

To pay online, go to MyMadison ( and select the "Student" tab, and then go to your Student Center. Under the "Finances" bar (below Academics), select "My Bill – QuikBILL" this will take you to another website. You have the option to authorize others to make payments on your behalf, view your bill, and make a payment online. Credit card payments will require a processing fee, while electronic checks do not.

For more information, or to learn about installment plans or paying with scholarships: 

How do I setup an Installment Payment Plan?

Parents or other Authorized Payers setting up the payment plan:

1. You must be setup in QuikBILL as an Authorized Payer. Your student is the only person who can set up an Authorized Payer.

2. You must have the dollar amount to budget

Call UBO if you are unsure of this amount.
You must have your banking information for electronic check (bank routing number and account number) OR credit card number and information (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover).

3. Go to: the Authorized User site and log into your student's M3 account.

4. Use the "Make Payment" link at the top of this page. it will say "Enroll in Installment Payment Plan" and click on the semester link you want to setup (a new window will open).

There will be "Fall" and/or "Spring" links available depending on the time of the year.

5. A series of screens require you to input personal information, give a total "budget" amount and select the payment type. enter the total dollar amount for the budget and click on the "calculate" button to view your monthly payments.

6. You will get a confirmation number. If you do not get this number, the plan is not set up

7. You will be charged a $30 enrollment fee per semester which will occur as a separate item on your bank account or credit card statement

You will be charged a 2.75% fee for each payment if you use a credit card, but there is no additional fee for bank debits.

Students setting up the payment plan:

1. Log into QuikBILL through MyMadison

Once in MyMadison, in your student center, click "My Bill-QuikBILL".

A new window will open. If it doesn't, turn off your pop-up blockers.

2. Follow the instructions above starting at step "4"

For more information and deadlines go to 

If I qualify, how will I receive my refund?

All refunds, except for Plus Loan refunds, are processed throught the Madison Money Manager (M3). For more information visit

What do I need to pay of my bill each semester?

It depends on what benefit you are receiving:

  • If you are a Post 9/11 recipient - you need to always pay your full room and board charges. For tuition, Post 9/11 covers at most the instate tuition rate. If you are less than 100% eligible and/or out-of-state for tuition, you must pay the difference in your tuition. if you are out-of-state, you must pay the difference between instate and out-of-state tuition. if you are less than 100% eligible, pay the remaining percentage of the instate rate. You may be both scenarios so please ask if you have further questions.
  • If you are a Chapter 1606, 1607, 30 or 35 recipient - you must pay your full semester bill by the university deadline.
  • If you are a MSDEP recipient - JMU is fine to wait on your tuition but you must pay all other charges on your account. it can take up to 2 months before the tuiiton and (potential) stipend to post to the semster account.

Registration and Registar Questions

How do I register for classes?

Sign into MyMadison and select the Student Center under the "Student" tab.

 Select enroll (under the academics bar); pick a term you would like to search for.

 Select "search" and use the boxes to search for classes by subject and/or course number.

You can also search for classes by time, professor, etc., select "Additional Search Criteria." To see only classes that still have spots open, be sure the "Show Open Classes Only" box is checked. For a step-by-step tutorial: 

I didn¿t get into the class I need. What do I do?

Keep looking! During open enrollment, people switch around their schedules, and seats in classes previously full become open. If that doesn’t work, consult the department to request an override. Different departments have different procedures for requesting overrides into classes. Try contacting the professor directly!

How do I add or drop a class?

In MyMadison, select the "Student" tab and then select the Student Center. In the drop-down box labeled "other academic" select "Enrollment: Add" or "Enrollment: Drop". Click the double arrows to go to the page.

  • To drop: Select the appropriate term (if prompted), then select the class you would like to drop. Click the "drop selected class" button
  • To add: select the appropriate term (if prompted), follow the steps you would for registering for classes

For step by step tutorials on

IMPORTANT: there are deadlines to add and drop a class. For the most up-to-date information on important dates and deadlines: 

How can I add or drop a class after the deadlines?

Adding a class after the add deadline requires the permission of the instructor and department head of the course. First semester freshmen will need their advisor’s approval as well. Classes may be added with these permissions through the last day to add a class with permission deadline. Refer to the Dates and Deadlines for each semester for specific dates.

Withdrawing from a course occurs after the drop deadline. A student who withdraws from a course before the end of the course adjustment deadline will receive a grade of "W" for the course. This grade will be recorded (and remain) on the student's transcript regardless of the status of the student in the course at the time of the withdrawal. Refer to the Dates and Deadlines for each semester for specific dates. Withdrawing from a course will not result in a tuition reduction and will not be counted towards GPA.

In order to withdrawal from a course after the course adjustment deadline, with a grade of WP or WF, requires working with the faculty member. A student should not assume that a late withdrawal will be provided by the instructor and there is no obligation for the instructor to assign a WP or WF grade and may assign a grade other than a W. Students considering withdrawing from a course should be aware that graduate and professional schools and future employers might hold differing opinions on a student’s withdrawal from a course.

What is a block course/8W1/8W2?

Most courses are one semester long (16 weeks). Block courses will only meet for half of the semester (8 weeks). 8W1 refers to a block course that takes place in the first half of the semester. 8W2 refers to a block course taking place in the second half of the semester. If it is a block or semester course, it will be listed under the "session" portion of the course on MyMadison. Alternatively, looking at the start/end dates of your course will tell you what type of course you are enrolled in. Block courses can impact your GI Bill benefits.

Can I repeat a class if I didn¿t get a good grade?

Yes. There are two options: repeating a class as "repeat credit" or as a "repeat-forgiveness"

  • Repeat credit: If you retake a class, the grade you receive will be averaged with the grade you received when you first took the class. Both grades will appear on your transcript. You can use as many repeat credits as you need.
  • Repeat Forgiveness: When you retake a class as repeat forgiveness, the previous grade and credit is excluded from cumulative GPA and earned credit hours, regardless of whether the previous grade was higher or lower than the repeat attempt. However, both grades will appear on the transcript. You may only repeat up to 2 courses as repeat forgiveness.

For more information: 

Will a hold on my account prevent me from registering for classes? How can I find out if I have a hold on my account?

Yes, certain holds can prevent you from registering for classes, dropping classes, as well as receiving a transcript or your diploma after you graduate. It is important to clear holds on your account as soon as possible. You can see if there are any holds on your account in your Student Center in MyMadison. There is a box on the right-hand side labeled "holds". Here, you should see any details on your hold if you have one. A red-X’d out circle also appears at the top of Student Center page that notifies of any holds.

For more information:  or consult your course catalog.

How do I declare/change my major or minor?

To add a major or minor, you will need to pick up and fill out the Change or Declaration of Major/Minor form. You can find thes form at the Registrar's Office on the 5th floor of the Student Success Center, the department of your major/minor, or online to download and print at 

Be sure to have your form signed by all of the appropriate parties (academic unit head and advisor) before turning in your form to the Registrar’s office!

To drop a major or minor, pick up and fill out the Change or Declaration of Major/Minor form. You do not need signatures to drop a major or minor. Turn it in to the Registrar’s office.

Forms are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.

I need an official copy of my transcript, what do I do?

You can request a transcript through a paper form, written letter of request, or electronic request via MyMadison.

To request an official transcript via MyMadison, go to your Student Center. In the drop-down box labeled "other academic…, select the option that says "Req Official Transcript" and fill out the form.

For more information on requesting transcripts: . You will be directed to the National Student Clearinghouse.

My parents want my grades. Will you give the grades to them?

JMU does not mail grades. You may show your parents your grades by displaying them via My Madison. If you wish to release your academic records to your parents, please follow the link below for more information about the process:

What is FERPA?

FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (1974) which states that the university will not release personally identifiable information from a student’s record without prior written consent from the student. The exception to this is "directory information". Additional information about FERPA can be found in the undergraduate catalog, or at the following link: 

How do I verify my enrollment?

You may obtain your enrollment verification anytime via MyMadison:

  • Select Enrollment Verification in the Other Academic drop down on the student center.
  • You will be directed to the National Student Clearinghouse.
  • Select Current or All Enrollment.
  • Select Obtain an Enrollment Certificate.

Enrollment verifications obtained from National Student Clearinghouse are considered official. You may use the enrollment verifications for insurance, scholarships, employment, loan deferment, and many other purposes.

Transfer Credit Questions

I have AP and IB credit and/or college credit from dual enrollment earned during high school. How do I transfer those credits to JMU?

JMU accepts AP/AB credit as well as dual enrollment credit as long as it meets the school’s requirements.

For AP and IB credit, JMU will only accept scores sent directly to the JMU Admissions Office from the testing agency, such as College Board for AP tests. Student score report copies will not be accepted. Please refer to  for information on AP/IB course listing and required scores.

For dual enrollment credit, you must have a copy of your official transcript sent to the JMU Office of the Registrar for evaluation before JMU credit is awarded. You must receive a grade of "C" or better in order to earn credit for the course.

Graduation Questions

I think I am ready to graduate. What do I do?

Are you ready to graduate? Talk to your advisor and consult the graduation checklist to see if you’re ready to apply to graduate:  . If you’re ready to graduate, fill out the Application for a Bachelor’s Degree with the help of your advisor. Make sure to get ALL of the necessary signatures and turn it in before the deadline.

After you turn in your application you will receive a Senior Evaluation via your JMU email account, telling you if there are any requirements you still need to meet.

For more information: 

For information on commencement day: 

Other Questions

What is Assessment Day? Do I have to participate?

Assessment Day occurs in the spring semester. It is a continuation of the assessment test you will have taken during your First Year Summer Orientation and helps the university to understand and improve the quality of education here at JMU. Assessment Day, in the spring, is only administered to students who have between 45 and 70 credit hours, which is typically your sophomore year. You must participate in this if you meet the requirements. Failure to participate in Assessment Day will result in a hold being placed upon your account.

For more information:   

Where do I get a bus schedule? How do I read it?

Bus schedules can be found on each of the buses. They can also be found at the front desk of Festival and Warren Hall.

For updates and an online bus schedule: 

I think I may be getting sick. What should I do?

Schedule an appointment with the University Health Center. The University Health Center is located in the Student Success Center (540-568-6178)

The University Health Center provides a variety of services including flu shots, immunizations, lab tests, treating sprains/strains, and a Women’s Health Clinic. Students will pay a "health fee" which covers unlimited visits to the health center. However, some services will require a fee. The health center does NOT bill to insurance companies. For more information: 

Is there a campus directory?

Yes!  . Here, you can find professor, department, and even student contact information! 

I want to get involved on campus. How can I find out what clubs/organizations JMU has?

JMU has over 350 organizations – and growing – so there are plenty of ways to get involved in anything and everything from longboarding to research to fundraising to Greek life! beInvolved is a new tool for students to become more involved with other organizations while being more active with organizations they are already a part of. It includes a list of current, active organizations:

Register your beInvolved account with your e-ID and password! There is a Student Org Night in the beginning of each semester, where all of the officially recognized clubs and organizations set up informational tables, making it easy for you to find, connect with, and join an organization!

Back to Top