Captioning and Transcripts
The Accessible Media & Technology program provides captioning and transcription for students with qualifying disabilities.
- When you receive your accommodation, you’ll be scheduled to meet with an Accessible Media staff member to discuss how the program works.
- Talk with each of your professors as soon as possible—preferably the first week of classes—to ask if they will use videos or recorded audio materials for the class.
- It’s important to ask every professor. All types of classes, from science to writing to calculus, can incorporate videos or recorded audio.
- Please do not wait until the professor actually begins to use videos or audio in class! Captioning can be time-consuming, so we cannot guarantee that last-minute requests will be fulfilled in time to keep up with the class.
- If your professor will use video or audio recordings, please direct them to contact the Accessible Media & Technology office so we can coordinate and get the materials that you need.