Seeking a Super Roommate
It’s about the time of year when everyone starts to think about where to live next year! Do you know where you want to live? Do you already have roommates lined up? Have you not even thought about it? If any of these questions apply to you, come to the Roommate Mixer on October 9, 2013 at 7 PM in the Festival Allegheny Room.
It's a good idea to have all your roommates in place before signing a lease. At this event, hosted by Off Campus Life, you can interact with potential roommates while learning more about the various housing options available in Harrisonburg, playing games, and eating free food.
Here are some tips and tricks for having a good roommate experience:
- Be clear from the beginning
- Address things before they become big problems
- Respect your roommates belongings
- Be careful of who you bring into your room/house and how often
- Lock the doors and windows
- Be friends without expecting to be best friends
- Be open to new things
- Be open to change
- Address things when they’re big
- Follow the “Golden Rule” and treat your roommate(s) how you would like to be treated