Girls Have H.E.A.R.T. - Healthy Eating and Running Today!
Utilizing running to build healthy lifestyles and confidence in girls
Girls Have H.E.A.R.T. is a 10-week running program that aims to help 3rd through 5th grade girls develop healthy habits through non-competitive running and informative nutrition lessons. The main goal of Girls Have H.E.A.R.T. is to teach the importance of building a healthy lifestyle through fun and interactive activity and to enhance the self-esteem and self-worth of our participants.
Girls Have H.E.A.R.T. 2020
Where: Waterman Elementary School
When: Tuesdays, February 11 – April 28
* There will be no program on March 10 or April 7 due to JMU's and Harrisonburg City Schools'
$15 for the 10-week program (payable by cash or check*)
need-based fee waivers are available upon request
* checks should be made out to JMU (w/MBC GHH in the memo)
* a state-mandated $50 fee will be assessed for any check returned by the bank.
- Weekly Snacks
- Endurance-building activities and games
- Lessons about positive self-esteem, confidence, and more
For more information, feel free to contact the Morrison Bruce Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.