Barbells and Brunch
Barbells & Brunch is an event that aims to provide resistance training programming designed for JMU women (students, faculty, and staff) and the opportunity to experience the UREC weight room in a comfortable, educational, and open setting. The goal of Barbells & Brunch is to provide relevant knowledge and tools needed to develop confidence in utilizing the weight room and incorporating weight training into your own training plan.
Where: UREC (JMU)
When: Sunday, November 10, 10:00am-11:45am
Join us at our Facebook event!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This fall's program will include:
- Rack City: Proper deadlift and squat form on the rack
- Starting from the Bottom: Learn the basics of weight training (beginner level)
- Breaking it Down: Designing a progressive weight training program (intermediate to advanced level)
- Workout Walk-Throughs (small group demonstrations):
- Medicine balls
- and more!
- Pre and Post-workout snacks
- Free, one-on-one personal training session (provided on a "first come, first served" basis)
- Door prizes