Coaching Capstone Experience
To complement formalized classroom instruction with practical professional experiences, prospective coaches complete a 120 hour practicum in coaching (KIN 473). This experience provides students the opportunity to explore theories, concepts, competencies, ideas, and principles of coaching in a supervised coaching setting.
To prepare for KIN 473, Coaching Education Minor candidates:
- Complete ALL other required minor courses with a grade of C or better
- Exception: KIN 450 may be completed in the same semester as KIN 473
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Obtain and have current CPR & First Aid Certification before enrolling.
- Determine preferred sport and locate potential coaching sites. If possible, matching selected techniques of sport course (i.e., KIN 211-218 course) with coaching interests.
- Complete the practicum application in the semester before planning to complete KIN 473.