The University Health Center's Substance Abuse Prevention (SAP) works to increase knowledge and awareness of alcohol and other drug issues, and promoting the use of protective strategies to reduce negative consequences associated with high-risk drinking and illegal drug use.
SAP supports peer education and provides consultation to ensure that prevention programs are evidence-based, comprehensive and coordinated across the university.
SAP will provide students with various tools and education resources, but as adults, the decision about how much to drink is ultimately their call.
- If you decide to drink, you'll consume much more if you're thirsty so start with a soft drink or water. Your call
- If you choose to drink, do so at your own pace, not someone else's. Your call
- If you decide to drink, count your drinks accurately. A standard beer is 12 ounces. Your call
- You don't have to drink to have a good time. Be yourself and feel good about it. Your call
- Consider yourself a leader. Choosing not to drink may positively influence your peers who feel the same way. Your call
- Always be yourself. Choosing not to drink still means you are a valued part of the group. Your call
- Energy drinks can suppress the feeling of drunkenness and limit your ability to stay in control. Your call
- Never leave a drink unattended and don't accept open beverages from someone you don't know. Your call
- If you choose to drink, eat a good meal before you go out. Your call
- You can be the life of the party and still remember the party. Your call
- Free beer comes with a price. (It's called the next morning.) Your call
- Will you still be a 10 at 11? Your call
- Drink a soda or water between alcoholic beverages and feel better in the morning. Your call
- Stay in control. Your call
- Let's keep the halftime show on the field. Your call
- It's homecoming. Make sure you come home safely. Your call
- Too much pregame and you'll miss the game. Your call
- Don't be the first down at the game. Your call
- You can be the big shot without taking any shots. Your call