Circle of Excellence in the Arts Awards - Submit Your Nominations Now Through April 15th!
Ailey II dances its way to the top of the 2014-2015 Masterpiece Season
Prepare to enter "a wonderful world of breathtaking magic" with the internationally acclaimed Cashore Marionettes!
JMU Nationwide Win Brings Dance Workshops and Performance to Community
Center Yourself! Subscribe to the 2014 – 2015 Masterpiece Season
Create a FLEX Package of 4 or more Masterpiece events
Click here to order a Subscription and Save!
Subscribe and Enjoy These Exclusive Subscriber Benefits:
- Premium Seating — the best seats in the house!
- Save Up to 20% off single ticket prices.
- Ticket Exchange Privileges — Subscribers can exchange tickets for another performance of the same show. Exchanges are subject to ticket availability; 48 hours notice is recommended. Post-dated exchanges are not accepted.
- Free Parking just steps away from the Forbes Center.
- Online Ticketing — all performances can be purchased online 24/7.
- Free Pre- or Post-Show Dialogues with performers and guest artists.
- Buy Extra Tickets at discounted Subscriber price.
- Advance Purchase Priority for group discounts and new events that are added to the schedule during the season.
Spectacular Performances in a 5-Star Setting
With five state-of-the-art venues, the Forbes Center at James Madison University is the destination for world-class theatre, dance, and music entertainment! Audiences of all ages come together to enjoy performances from internationally recognized professional artists, renowned faculty members, and emerging young talent from JMU’s School of Music and School of Theatre and Dance. In a spirit of collaboration and creativity, the Forbes Center is committed to hosting performances and fostering programs that encourage dialogue about the intersection between society and the arts and that celebrate multicultural and community engagement and arts education in the broader Shenandoah Valley and beyond.
The Forbes Center for the Performing Arts comprises the Dorothy Thomasson Estes Center for Theatre and Dance and the Shirley Hanson Roberts Center for Music Performance, and houses five performance venues: the Mainstage Theatre (450 seats), the Concert Hall (600 seats), the Recital Hall (196 seats), the Studio Theatre (200 seats), and the Earlynn J. Miller Dance Theatre (200 seats). It also includes classroom, rehearsal, and office facilities.