Financial Aid News
- Spring Financial Aid Newsletter covers many important topics, including the FAFSA priority filing date of March 1, summer financial aid, exit loan counseling requirements for May graduates, loan repayment, satisfactory progress requirements, 2015-16 financial aid awards, scholarships for 2015-16 and much more.
- JMU Foundation Scholarship Application now available for the 2015-16 academic year. Current JMU students, follow the link to submit your application. Deadline is March 1, 2015, so don't delay.
- IMPORTANT: The 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available. Apply now to ensure that the Department of Education processes your FAFSA by March 1st, our priority deadline. If necessary, you may estimate your income and make corrections later.
- The process of e-mailing 2014-15 official award notices to students will begin in late June. Students, first time and upperclassmen, will continue accepting financial aid award offers throughout the summer. Instructions on how to accept your financial aid are found at Self Service. Parent PLUS loan borrowers please click here for instructions.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships has joined Facebook! For information regarding important updates and deadlines, please join the JMU Financial Aid page
- In order to receive financial aid, you must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress(SAP). You can review the requirements to ensure your eligibility to receive financial aid at JMU.
738 S. Mason St.
Student Success Center, 5th floor
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
FAFSA School Code: 003721
Priority FAFSA Filing Date: March 1st
(Must be able to confirm receipt by the federal
government by the above date)
Effective July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
(This rate applies to the 2014-15 loans)
Undergraduate Direct Loan Interest Rate
Subsidized Direct 4.66%
Unsubsidized Direct 4.66%
Graduate Unsubsidized Direct Loan 6.21%
Graduate PLUS Direct Loan 7.21%
PLUS Direct Loan Interest Rate 7.21%
All interest rates listed are fixed throughout the life of the loan.