Internship Appointment, Stipend, and Benefits
The Doctoral Psychology Internship in the Counseling Center is a full-time (40-42 hours per week), twelve-month position beginning August 7, 2017. Interns will need to document completion of at least 2,000 hours as a part of satisfactorily completing the internship program, at least one-fourth of which must be in direct service activities.
Stipend and Benefits*
- A stipend of $26,265
- Benefits package (health, retirement, life insurance, etc.). For a description of the benefits, please go to : http://www.jmu.edu/humanresources/benefits/
- An office equipped with a desk, computer, file cabinet, video and audio-taping equipment, Internet access, bookshelves, and optional decorative/practical materials such as pictures, clocks, lamps, plants, etc.
- Fifteen (15) days release time
- Ten (10) paid University holidays (JMU announces these holidays on an annual basis)
- Up to five (5) days for professional leave time (e.g., dissertation proposal or defense, job interviewing, and conference attendance)
- $400.00 in professional development funds (pending State Budget approval)
- Access to Carrier Library and the University Recreation Center and reduced rates at cultural and sporting events.
*Please note that the stipend and benefits are subject to change at the start of each internship year.
James Madison University completes a national background inquiry which includes a criminal felony and misdemeanor search, national sex offender registry database search, social security number validation and trace. Adverse information discovered in the background check will not automatically disqualify an individual from employment. Decisions concerning employment will be made on a case-by-case basis in conjunction with a review of the job description and requirements.