Internship Appointment, Stipend, and Benefits
The Doctoral Psychology Internship in the Counseling Center is a full-time (40-42 hours per week), twelve-month position beginning August 3, 2015. Interns will need to document completion of at least 2,000 hours as a part of satisfactorily completing the internship program, at least one-fourth of which must be in direct service activities.
Stipend and Benefits*
- A stipend of $25,500
- Benefits package (health, retirement, life insurance, etc.). For a description of the benefits, please go to : http://www.jmu.edu/humanresources/benefits/
- An office equipped with a desk, computer, file cabinet, video and audio-taping equipment, Internet access, bookshelves, and optional decorative/practical materials such as pictures, clocks, lamps, plants, etc.
- Fifteen (15) days release time
- Ten (10) paid University holidays (JMU announces these holidays on an annual basis)
- Up to five (5) days for professional leave time (e.g., dissertation proposal or defense, job interviewing, and conference attendance)
- $400.00 in professional development funds (pending State Budget approval)
- Access to Carrier Library and the University Recreation Center and reduced rates at cultural and sporting events.
*Please note that the stipend and benefits are subject to change at the start of each internship year.