Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon (ODE) is the JMU chapter of the International Honor Society in Economics. The purposes of the organization are to promote excellence in the field of economics and to unite students who have a specific interest in economics. Any student meeting the following requirements may be a member of ODE:
1. Junior standing (60 or more credit hours)
2. An overall gradepoint average of 3.0 or better
3. A gradepoint average of at least 3.0 in all economics classes attempted, with a minimum of 12 credit hours completed.
There are no exceptions to these requirements and there is no "rounding up" of gradepoint averages.
(The Madison Economics Club is a separate organization that sponsors lectures, workshops and travel events of interest to students and faculty. It is open to all interested students.)
Students are invited to apply for ODE twice a year, during two-week periods in January and September. E-mail inviting applications is sent to economics majors and minors, as well as to International Business and Finance majors. You do not have to have any particular major to join ODE as long as you meet all the requirements.
Objectives and Goals
- To provide opportunities for the discussion of economic issues related to business, government, and public policy.
- To better develop the leadership, communication, and analytical abilities of its members.
- To provide opportunities for social and academic interaction among members and faculty.
ODE Advisor: Dr. William C. Grant, firstname.lastname@example.org