James Madison University Faculty
- Martha Belle Caldwell, Professor of Art and Art History
B.A., Cornell University; M.A., University of Mississippi; M.A., Ph.D., Indiana University.
- Shirley Lynn Cameron, Reference Librarian; Professor
B.A., M.A., West Virginia University; M.L.S., University of Kentucky.
- S. Michael Camp, Assistant Professor of Management
B.S., M.B.A., West Virginia University; M.A., Ph.D., The Ohio State University.
- F. Howard Campbell III, Assistant Professor of Geology
B.A., Berea College; M.S., University of Virginia.
- David C. Carothers, Head, Department of Mathematics, Professor of Mathematics
B.S., Westminster College; M.S., Ph.D., Purdue University.
- Timothy Carter, Coordinator, Sociology Program; Professor of Sociology and Criminal Justice
B.A., M.A., Western Kentucky University; Ph.D., University of Tennessee.
- Jean W. Cash, Professor of English
B.A., M.A., Madison College; Ph.D., University of Mississippi.
- Barbara P. Castello, Vice President for University Advancement; Assistant Professor
B.S., M.A., University of Alabama; Ed.D., University of Virginia.
- Alan L. Cerveny, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
B.S., M.A., University of Nebraska at Lincoln.
- Zona Chalifoux, Assistant Professor of Nursing
B.N., McGill University; M.S., University of South Florida.
- Mary Ann Chappell, Automation/Loan Services Librarian; Associate Professor
B.A., James Madison University; M.S.L.S., Drexel University.
- Kaushal Chari, Assistant Professor of Information and Decision Sciences
B.Tech., Indiana Institute of Technology; M.B.A., Ph.D., University of Iowa.
- Gary Chatelain, Professor of Art
B.F.A., M.F.A., Louisiana Tech University.
- Ching-Yuan Chiang, Associate Professor of Mathematics
B.S., Taiwan University; A.M., University of Pennsylvania; M.A., Villanova University; Ph.D., Indiana University.
- Don Chodrow, Assistant Professor of Physics
B.S., City University of New York; A.M., Ph.D., Harvard University.
- In Dal Choi, Professor of Music
B.A., Yunsei University (Seoul, Korea); M.M., Manhattan School of Music; D.M.A., Indiana University; P.G.D., Julliard School of Music.
- Orinda B. Christoph, Associate Professor of Integrated Science and Technology
B.S., M.S., Ph.D., Clemson University.
- Richard T. Christoph, Head, Department of Management; Associate Professor of Management
B.S., M.A., Ph.D., Clemson University.
- Claudius B. Claiborne, Associate Professor of Marketing
B.S., Duke University; M.Engr., Dartmouth; M.B.A., Washington University; Ph.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Adrian S. Clark, Assistant Professor of Political Science
B.A., University of Sussex, England; M.A., Ph.D., Rice University.
- Jeffrey C. Clark, Director, Media Resources Center; Assistant Professor
A.B., University of San Diego; M.L.S., University of California at Los Angeles.
- Harriet C. Cobb, Professor of Psychology
B.S., M.S., Indiana University at Bloomington; Ed.D., University of Virginia.
- Shirley A. Cobb-Peters, Associate Director, Counseling and Student Development Center; Instructor
B.A., M.A., Eastern Kentucky University.
- Brian A. Cockburn, Music Librarian; Assistant Professor
B.M., East Texas State University; M.L.S., University of Arizona at Tucson; M.M., University of Arizona.
- W. Dean Cocking, Associate Professor of Biology
B.A., Pomona College; M.S., Cornell University; Ph.D., Rutgers University.
- David E. Cockley, Assistant Professor of Health Sciences
B.S., Juniata College; M.S., Penn State University; Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Howard R. Cohen, Associate Professor of Spanish
B.A., M.A., University of Alabama; Ph.D., University of Virginia.
- Ralph Alan Cohen, Professor of English
A.B., Dartmouth College; M.A., Ph.D., Duke University.
- Trudy L. Cole-Zielanski, Associate Professor of Art and Media Arts and Design
B.F.A., Tyler School of Art; M.F.A., Pennsylvania State University.
- Lee W. Congdon, Professor of History
A.B., Wheaton College; M.A., Ph.D., Northern Illinois University.
- Donald E. Corbin, Professor of French and Italian
B.A., Bridgewater College; M.A., The University of Maryland; Ph.D., The Ohio State University.
- James V. Couch, Professor of Psychology
B.A., Trinity University; M.S., Ph.D., University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Jerry L. Coulter, Professor of Art and Art History
B.A., Furman University; M.F.A., Ohio University.
- James H. Crable, Professor of Art and Art History
B.S., State University College at Buffalo, New York; M.F.A., Rochester Institute of Technology; H.D.A., Chelsea School of Art, London.
- Ricky A. Crawley, Assistant Director, School of Music; Instructor of Music
B.M.Ed., James Madison University; M.M., Michigan State University.
- Samuel G. Cross, Professor of Music
B.M., M.M., University of Texas.
- Gary P. Crowther, Professor of Chemistry
B.A., Thiel College; Ph.D., Duke University.
- John M. Cryder, Professor of Music
B.M., M.A., University of Iowa; D.M.A., Catholic University (Washington, D.C.).
- Sandra F. Cryder, Professor of Music
B.M., M.A., University of Iowa.
- Charles W. Curry, Director, Continuing Education and External Programs; Director, Bachelor of General Studies Program; Associate Professor of Trade and Industrial Education
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; M.S., James Madison University; Ed.D., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
Undergraduate Catalog Contents
1996-97 Undergraduate Catalog
Last reviewed: 30 November 1996
Information Publisher: Division of Academic Affairs
James Madison University