About University Events
James Madison University Office of University Events was created to support the university in planning major special events. Because the university is growing larger everyday and our initiatives are great, it is important that the university has a centralized office that is committed to assisting in the scheduling and execution of major events.
When involved, the office offers guidance and assistance in the following areas:
- Ensuring guests have a positive experience at major JMU events
- Maintaining JMU brand integrity
- Advancing the university’s strategic vision and internal communications plan
- Helping avoid conflicts when scheduling events
- Assisting the Office of the President in maximizing event-appearance opportunities
- Providing presidential protocol guidelines for special guests and invitees
- Maximizing university resources.
For questions regarding a specific past or future event, please contact the University Events office.