Summary of WRTC Internship Requirements
Please note that you may not receive internship credit after the fact, so be sure to obtain approval and enroll in WRTC 495 before doing the internship. Your internship coordinator is WRTC faculty member Cindy Allen. Plan to work with her throughout the entire internship process! All emails (firstname.lastname@example.org), faxes (540-568-2742) and paperwork go to Cindy Allen (Harrison Hall 2295).
Before the internship - obtaining approval
- Make an appointment to obtain approval in advance of doing the internship.
- Complete the Internship Application form and bring a copy of your resume and recent unofficial transcript to your meeting (before contacting an internship provider or starting an internship).
Once the internship is approved
- Submit the completed Internship Agreement form signed by the student and the internship provider (The WRTC internship coordinator signs the form and keeps it on file).
- Have the internship provider fill out and fax the Internship Provider's Data Sheet to the internship coordinator.
- Obtain a permission number to sign up for WRTC 495 once the forms have been approved.
- Register for the internship course promptly by using the permission number.
While working as an intern
- Submit a one-page report every two weeks in the form of an email memo.
At the end of the internship
- Have your internship provider complete the Internship Provider's Evaluation of Student form evaluating your work. The internship provider should fax this form to the internship coordinator as soon as possible so your grade can be submitted to the Registrar.
- Complete and deliver the Student's Evaluation of Internship Provider form evaluating your internship provider to your WRTC internship coordinator.
- Complete and deliver a closeout report.
Policies Governing the Internship
- Complete all of the requirements listed above. You can receive a failing grade if any of the requirements are missing from your internship file.
- Submit the closeout reports at the end of the 150-hour internship. Because internships start and end at different times, you should work out the exact deadline your closeout report is due with your WRTC internship coordinator.
- Negotiate delays in advance.
Cindy Allen (email@example.com).