Summary of WRTC Internship Requirements
Please note that internships will not be given credit after the fact, so be sure to go through the approval process and get enrolled in WRTC 495 before doing the internship.
Before the internship
- Obtain approval in advance from the appropriate WRTC Internship Coordinator. Make an appointment with the coordinator in order to obtain approval.
- Complete the Internship Application form and turn it in to the appropriate WRTC Internship Coordinator before contacting an Internship Provider or starting an internship.
- Give the appropriate WRTC Internship Coordinator the completed Internship Agreement form signed by the student and the Internship Provider. The WRTC Internship Coordinator will then sign the form and keep it on file.
- Have the Internship Provider fill out and fax the Internship Provider's Data Sheet to the appropriate WRTC Internship Coordinator (the fax number is on the form).
- When the forms have been turned in and the internship has been approved by the WRTC Internship Coordinator, you will be given a permission number to sign up for WRTC 495.
- Promptly register for the internship course by using the permission number.
- Once you are enrolled in the course, you will have access to the course Blackboard or a web site (if one is available) and be able to access instructions to download work associated with the course.
While working as an intern
- Turn in a one-page report every two weeks--in the form of a memo--to your WRTC Internship Coordinator.
At the end of the internship
- Have your Internship Provider complete the Internship Provider Evaluation of Student form evaluating your work. The Internship Provider should fax this form in a timely manner to your WRTC Internship Coordinator. The fax number is on the form.
- Complete and deliver the Student Evaluation of Internship Provider form evaluating your Internship Provider to your WRTC Internship Coordinator.
- Complete and deliver to your WRTC Internship Coordinator a closeout report.
Policies Governing the Internship
- Requirements: You must complete all of the requirements listed above. You can receive a failing grade if any of the requirements are missing from your internship file.
- Deadline for the Closeout Report: Closeout reports are due at the end of the 150-hour internship period. Because internships start and end at different times, you should work out the exact deadline your closeout report is due with your WRTC Internship Coordinator.
- Delays: All delays must be negotiated in advance with your WRTC Internship Coordinator.