The e-Vision awards ceremony showcases the writing of WRTC 100 and GWRTC 103 students. Under the sponsorship of WRTC faculty members Ms. Heather Comfort, Mr. Kevin Jefferson and Ms. Karen McDonnell, student editors select essays representing some of the best writing produced in JMU's first-year writing courses.
This year, e-Vision editors selected the work of nine students for recognition:
- Julia Rice - "Aunt Jenny"
- Emily Keller - "Crafting a Masterpiece: The Genre Mosaic of Harry Potter"
- Andrew Henchen - "Forcing Women's Rights"
- Kinsey Blumenthal - "Giant Emotion Meets Tortured Logic"
- Brandi Suarez - "Let's Go Organic!"
- Rachael Leffler - "A Little Competition Never Hurt Anyone"
- Kristina Van - "Mountaintop Removal Mining"
- Nicholas P. Christy - "The Silent Listener"
- William Ackleson - "South Park: A Public Service Announcement"
Their works are published in the e-Vision online journal.
Images from the e-Vision Awards Ceremony
|Editor Mr. Chris Richardson (left), editor Ms. Elizabeth Short (center) and writer Ms. Julia Rice||WRTC faculty member Ms. Karen McDonnell (left), editor Mr. Mike Kern (center) and writer Ms. Emily Keller.|
|Some of the e-Vision editors at the awards ceremony||Editor Mr. Martin Steger (left) and author Mr. Nicholas P. Christy|