Approved Minutes for this Meeting (MS Word Format)
The James Madison University Board of Visitors met Friday, September 28, 2007, in the Board Room of Madison's Festival Conference and Student Center.
Following is a summary of actions taken by the board and key areas of discussion at the board meeting:
· Heard committee reports from Athletics, Audit, Development, Education & Student Life, and Finance & Physical Development.
· Welcomed a new member to JMU's Board of Visitors, Mr. Fred Thompson, Jr.
· Received a campus safety update from Mrs. Donna Harper.
· Heard the 2007-2008 proposed budget reduction plan, presented by Mr. Charles King.
· Approved the "2008-2010 Biennial Budget."
· Approved the new "Six Year Plan."
· President Linwood H. Rose presented information related to the "Progress to the Centennial."