The James Madison University Board of Visitors met Friday, September 28, 2007, in the Board Room of Madison's Festival Conference and Student Center.
Following is a summary of actions taken by the board and key areas of discussion at the board meeting:
· Heard committee reports from Athletics, Audit, Development, Education & Student Life, and Finance & Physical Development.
· Welcomed a new member to JMU's Board of Visitors, Mr. Fred Thompson, Jr.
· Received a campus safety update from Mrs. Donna Harper.
· Heard the 2007-2008 proposed budget reduction plan, presented by Mr. Charles King.
· Approved the "2008-2010 Biennial Budget."
· Approved the new "Six Year Plan."
· President Linwood H. Rose presented information related to the "Progress to the Centennial."