- Buhler, Emiline, Megan Brenneman, and Prabin Lama. "Novice and Experienced Tutoring Strategies." Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Conference. California, PA, April 2013.
- Schubert, Laura, Jared Featherstone, and Kevin Jefferson. "Writing Center Revisions: Making Immediate Use of Assessment." International Writing Centers Association Collaborative. Las Vegas, NV, March 2013.
- Prendergast, Caroline, Sarah Stacy, and Paige Normand. "James Madison University's Writing Center: A Future of Integration." UWC 20th Anniversary Celebration and Symposium at UT Austin. Austin, TX, February 2013.
- McDonnell, Karen, Laura Schubert, and Jared Featherstone. "The Fading Line Between First-Year Writing and Tutor Training Pedagogies." International Writing Centers Association Conference. San Diego, CA, October 2012.
- McGrew, Evan, Erin Hartman, Laura Schubert, and Jared Featherstone. "Can Writing Center Experience Really Change Our Classroom Instruction?" Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Conference. Shippensburg, PA, March 2012.
- Stacy, Sarah, Caroline Prendergast, and Paige Normand. "Changing Writing Pedagogy through Campus Outreach." Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Conference. Shippensburg, PA, March 2012.
- Thurston, Justin, and Kathy Clarke. "Visible but Blurry Boundaries: Librarians in the the Writing Center; Writing Tutors in Libraries." Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Conference. Shippensburg, PA, March 2012.
- Steger, Martin, Andrea Smith and Karen McDonnell. "Shifting Seas: Relationships between Peer and Professional Tutors." National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing. Baltimore, November 2010.
- Kern, Mike and Laura Schubert. "Taking Tutors out of the Center: Shaping Peer Tutors into Professional Participants in the Discipline." Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association Conference. Newark, April 2010.
- Schick, Kurt, and Laura Schubert. So What? The Writer's Argument. New York: Oxford UP, 2014. Print.
- Schick, Kurt, Olivia Mankowski, Karen McDonnell, Tiffany Bryant, Alicia Wendt and Michael Moghtader. "The Idea of a Writing Center Course." The Writing Lab Newsletter 34 (Sept. 2010): 1-6. Print.