Learning activities that cultivate Awareness of issues related to civic life include but are not limited to:
- Going on an Alternative Spring break trip
- Taking a 100- or 200-level class such as GPOSC225; American Government or GSOCI110: Social issues in a Global Context
- Participating in a service-learning project for the first time
- Volunteering for a cause you want to learn about
- Joining a campus organization, such as College Democrats, College Republicans, E.A.R.T.H., Orange Band, Relay for Life, or a service club or even some singing groups!
These activities typically have stated learning outcomes such as: the ability to define specific terms and concepts, to recognize diverse perspectives, to demonstrate improved critical thinking skills, or to summarize information.