A-to-Z Index

Interior Architecture

Enlarge Font


Major requirements and their VCCS equivalents (and RBC equivalents if applicable)

JMU CourseVCCS CourseRBC CourseNotes
GARTH 205, 206ART 101, 102 or ART 201, 202ART 201, 202-
ART 102ART 131ART 101-
ART 104ART 121ART 103-
ART 106ART 132ART 102-
ART 108ART 122 or 221ART 104-

Advising Notes:

Please Read: This major guide is a list of all possible major courses offered in the Virginia Community College System. Not all courses may be offered at your community college, and you are not required to complete all these courses in order to transfer. Rather, itís designed to help you meet JMU major requirements before you transfer, and be better prepared to progress through the major once you arrive at JMU. Please be sure to read the advising notes for additional information on the major.

1. Students must submit a portfolio of their work in order to be considered for admission to the art program. See the department's Web site (click on Admissions/Admission requirements) for review dates and more information on the portfolio.
2. There is an additional admission process for interior design. Admission to upper-division INDE courses is based on completion of all prerequisite art courses and merit as determined by a faculty review of portfolios submitted in satisfaction of the course INDE 208, Portfolio Review.
3. It is possible for students to receive upper division studio art and/or interior design credit in transfer, however course content (course description, course syllabi, and/or samples of work done in class) may be required to determine transferability.

For more information:

Major Snapshot
The School of Art, Design and Art History

JMU Major Guides for Virginia Community College Students