Enjoying Summer in Harrisonburg
Summer in the ‘burg is here! It may be quiet due to most of the students being gone, but the ‘burg is still as lively as ever. As one of the 6,000 students still around taking classes, a faculty member teaching, or as a staff member living in Harrisonburg, take advantage of this wonderful city and all it has to offer. There are a variety of activities and events that will get you, your friends, and your family out of the house and enjoying the area. Do not let these opportunities go to waste; the summer will be gone before you know it!
Off Campus Life’s Top 10 Summer Activities in the Shenandoah Valley:
- Itching to catch some rays? Enjoy the sunshine in Harrisonburg’s multiple city parks.
- Ever been tubing? Try floating down the Shenandoah River.
- Consider yourself a movie connoisseur? Check out Movies Under the Stars.
- Want to try for that elusive hole-in-one? Tee-off at one of Harrisonburg’s Golf Courses: Sandy Bottom, Heritage Oaks, Spotswood Country Club, Packsaddle Ridge Golf Club & Lakeview Golf Courses.
- Need a remedy for those hot days? Splash on over to Massanutten Water Park.
- Interested in supporting local sports? Bring the whole family and enjoy nine innings with the Harrisonburg Turks.
- Hungry for some fresh fruit? Pick it yourself at the area’s many farms.
- Looking for that picturesque scenic view? Try hiking one of the many beautiful trails on Skyline Drive.
- Want to support your local farmers? Eat locally and visit the Harrisonburg Farmers Market.
- Staying in Harrisonburg for our nation’s birthday? Celebrate downtown with food, fun, and fireworks for the whole family at Valley Fourth.
Summertime in Harrisonburg has events for all ages and interests. Want more ideas of great things to do? Check out Off Campus Life’s Website (www.jmu.edu/ocl) to see what is going on each week or stop by our office in Festival Room 1130 for us to help you create the perfect weekend itinerary. Make this summer memorable, take advantage of all Harrisonburg has to offer!