- No Related Stories
Facebook: Hiding the URL when Sharing Content
Are you tired of that long URL clogging up your Facebook statuses? When sharing linked content on Facebook, you want it to look as smooth as possible. This can be especially important if you have your social media connected with your Cascade site. In your social media feed on Cascade, the URL can take up most of the room allowed. The following tip can make a world of difference in appearance and accessibility when sharing an article, story, or video on your Facebook page.
Pasting a URL in Facebook
This example is posting a video to your Facebook page, but can be applied to any URL you want to share.
- Did you find a cool video to add to your Facebook that you want to share with your audience? Great! Copy the URL.
- Open up your Facebook page and go to your status box, but don’t type your status inside your box yet.
- Paste the link in your empty status box. Facebook will “grab” the URL of your video. You will know it has “grabbed” your video when it loads in the bottom of your status box.
- Now that Facebook has “grabbed” your video, you can delete the URL. It won’t delete your content; it is already, in a sense, uploaded.
- Type your attention-grabbing status for your audience and post it!
See how clean your content looks without the lengthy URL? Check back soon for our next tip!