JMU in the News: Workplace Satisfaction
JMU named in the top 92 colleges for workplace...
New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation (NFO) is a one-day event designed to warmly welcome new faculty to all aspects of life at JMU. The Office of the Provost and the Center for Faculty Innovation sponsor this interactive, informative, and essential introduction to life at JMU for ALL new full and part-time faculty. In preparation for NFO, be sure to download the New Faculty Resource Guide.
To access information about employee benefits at JMU, visit the New Faculty Benefits Overview and Orientation, provided by Human Resources.
Who attends NFO?
- All new full and part-time faculty. Even if you have been at another institution, you should attend NFO to meet new colleagues and explore the academic culture of JMU.
- Letters of Invitation from the Provost are sent via mail in July. If you do not receive an invitation, please accept our apologies. You are still invited! It is hard to catch up with you during your moving process.
NFO is designed to...
- Welcome new faculty to the JMU community,
- Provide new faculty with opportunities for networking,
- Enhance the success of new faculty by encouraging a holistic approach to career development,
- Engage new faculty in faculty development opportunities and initiatives,
- Highlight unique aspects of JMU administration, faculty, and student culture, and
- Provide new faculty with timely resources related to teaching, scholarship, service and more!