Come to campus
View our visitation schedule. Be sure to register as some sessions fill quickly! Campus visits typically include a 45-minute information session, followed by a 90-minute walking tour of campus.
For groups of 10 or more students: Please submit the appropriate request form for middle school groups or all other groups. Group requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to requested visit date.
Need to reschedule or cancel? Click here.
Take a virtual tour
Our Virtual Campus Tour was created as a class project by students in our Studio Media Arts and Design program.
Tips for a Great Visit to JMU
- Register for an information session.
- Please let us know if you have special needs related to a disability.
- If you would like to meet with a specific department you will need to contact that department directly to set up an appointment.
- Dress comfortably for walking. Tours happen rain or shine! Check the Shenandoah Valley weather before you leave home.
- Arrive early.
- Take a student-led campus tour through campus. If you are unable to participate in a student-led campus tour, maps are available for self-guided tours.
- Enjoy lunch in one of our award-winning dining facilities or in Harrisonburg's charming downtown.
- Talk with JMU students you encounter during your visit.
- Check out the University Recreation Center and the JMU Bookstore.
- Attend a concert, lecture or athletic event. Check our Calendar of Events.
- Ask lots of questions!
- After your visit, please fill out our Evaluation Form. We'd love to hear your feedback.