International Transfer

International Transfer Admission Process

You are considered an international transfer applicant if you are 1) neither a U.S. citizen nor resident alien of the United States and 2) have graduated from high school or equivalent and have taken or are in the process of taking college-level coursework.

International students must complete the international student application.

Obtaining Transfer Credit

In order for JMU to begin the process of evaluating credits from non-US colleges and universities, you must have your transcripts translated by a global evaluation service and sent to JMU. JMU accepts evaluations from any organization that is a member of NACES, the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. View list of NACES members.

You should direct your global evaluation service to send a copy of your evaluation directly to JMU at the following address:

James Madison University
Office of International Admissions
MSC 0101
481 Bluestone Dr.
Harrisonburg, VA 22807 USA

Please Note: The global evaluation is simply a translation of your work. It is not a guarantee of credit.

General Education Program

All students must complete JMU's General Education Program. View guidelines to choosing courses which may meet these requirements.

International Student Support Services

The Office of International Programs offers programs and services designed to support the unique needs of international students. Information on immigration and visa services is also on this site.

Related Sites