Agency Specific Guidelines
National Science Foundation
- Collaborative proposals may not be submitted via Grants.gov. Instead, these proposals must be submitted through NSF FastLane.
- The NSF Grants.gov Application Guide will serve as the instructions for proposal preparation and submission.
- Institutions should become familiar with the NSF Grants.gov Grant Proposal Guide to determine whether and how they will most effectively submit NSF proposals through the portal.
- The following are important items to remember:
- Principal Investigators and administrative staff must be registered users in NSF FastLane.
- Contact the OSP to initiate a request for a user account .
- Submission in Grants.gov does not negate any of the current format requirements required in FastLane.
National Institutes of Health
- PDF issues: All attachments must be provided to NIH in PDF format.
- Editable field(s) in PDF: NIH does not accept attachments with editable fields.
- Important tip: Principal Investigators do NOT need to register in Grants.gov but MUST be registered in the NIH eRA Commons prior to electronic submission of an application.
- Missing Commons User ID: Required by NIH: PI's Commons User ID
Links to Other Agency Specific Guidelines