Application Guidelines for Undergraduate Research Conferences
All students wishing to apply to either the NCUR or CAA conferences for 2016 must follow the application process as listed below. All applicants must be processed through Research and Scholarship to be considered for JMU support to attend one of the conferences, if selected by the committee.
Please click on the links below to access the student application and sample abstract. For your convenience, the forms are interactive and must be completed in MS Word, saved to your computer and submitted as attachments through email.
DEADLINE: NOON, Friday, October 23, 2015
All applications and abstracts must be submitted electronically, in MS Word
After completing and saving your application and abstract, please submit by email to: email@example.com.
- Please enter undergrad research application in the subject line.
- Please attach both the saved completed student application (name_application.doc) & abstract (name_abstract.doc).
- Enter your name (and co-PI if applicable), email and faculty advisor's name in the body of the email and send.
- By emailing your application and abstract you consent to be considered by the selection committee for attendance to the conference as noted in your application. Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Please request your research advisor to submit the original completed and signed Letter of Support (found at the link provided) to Research and Scholarship at MSC 4111 (Becky Rohlf, ISAT/CS Room 359) (*to be returned under separate cover or in a sealed envelope with the applicant's name written across the flap).
- If selected for attendance to either conference, you will be notified through email by Research and Scholarship.
Meeting the deadline of NOON, Friday, October 23, 2015 enables the Undergraduate Research Selection Committee to review the applications and select students to represent JMU in a timely manner.