Gerri Garber Rigney
- Office: HHS 2127
- Phone: 540-568-6980
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
Social Work Department
James Madison University - MSC 4303
801 Carrier Drive
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Gerri has been with the Department of Social Work since February 1994. After being in the travel business for more than 20 years, both in the Northern Virginia and Harrisonburg, Gerri wanted to try something different. Working at JMU has been enjoyable in many ways.
The ongoing opportunities to learn and expand her horizons have been rewarding while interaction with students is what she particularly enjoys. She has had the opportunity to be involved with several educational opportunities for older adults and intergenerational learning experiences. In addition to her duties in the Social Work Department, Gerri serves as a liaison to the JMU Lifelong Learning Institute, an educational program for older adults.
Gerri is actively involved with the Bridgewater Home Auxiliary, Sangerville-Towers Ruritan Club, Bridgewater College Alumni Association as well as church activities. She enjoys basket weaving, traveling and most of all - spending time with her grandchildren who live nearby.
- Interested in the Social Work Major? Informational meetings to be held
- Interested in the Family Studies Minor? Informational meetings to be held
- Interested in the Nonprofit Studies Minor? Informational meetings to be held
- The need for social workers is growing! View the Bureau of Labor Statistic's Occupational Outlook for Social Workers.
- April 23
DC-Maryland-VA: Alumni Online Speed Networking
- May 9-10
- May 20
Richmond, VA: Alumni Networking Event