State of Older Adult Care: An Interdisciplinary Conference
The 2017 conference has been canceled.
Proudly presented by: JMU's Social Work Department & School of Nursing;
Home Instead Senior Care, Sentara RMH &Valley Program for Aging Services
*Continuing Education Approval from NASW Virginia Chapter is pending. Nursing CEUs are pending through Sentara RMH Medical Center.
This program addresses the educational needs of healthcare & social service providers in the areas of gerontology and geriatric care. Professionals involved in the care of older patients/clients such as social workers, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians are encouraged to participate. Topics will include information on best practices for the care, assessment, management, and treatment of common problems in the aging population.
By the conclusion of this conference, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate interdisciplinary approaches for geriatric care
- Engage patients/clients in palliative care and end of life conversations
- Describe three ways of preventing and managing medication related concerns in older adults
- Utilize three innovative practice interventions for practice with older adults
- Employ three changes in practice with older adults as a result of conference attendance
Contact Information: email@example.com (Beth Bland, VPAS); 540-615-5341 (VPAS)
Special Event Sponsors
A very special thanks to our sponsors whose generous contributions support an affordable regional conference on older adult care.
Sunnyside Retirement Community
Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community
Friend of the Event:
Home Instead Senior Care
Leitner Law Group, PLC
Conference Planning Committee
- BJ Bryson, PhD, MSW; JMU Social Work (Planning Committee Chair)
- Beth Bland, Director of Senior Services, Valley Program for Aging Services, Harrisonburg/Rockingham County
- Shawn Craddock, RN, MSN, CNOR, NE-BC, Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Dorothy Harriman, MSW; JMU Social Work & Gerontology Minor
- Susan Ribelin: Program Coordinator, Sentara RMH Lifeline and Senior Advantage
- Katie Montgomery Robinson, Community Health Manager, Sentara RMH Medical Center Julie Strunk, PhD, RN: JMU School of Nursing
- Jeannette Suter; Marketing Director, Home Instead, Harrisonburg