- Material Handling
- Are fiber rope and rope slings in good condition?
- Are wire rope and slings in good condition?
- Are chain slings and fastenings in good condition?
- Is ventilation adequate in battery recharging areas?
- Is fire extinguisher in working order on all motorized equipment?
- Are all slow-moving vehicles equipped with caution triangles?
- Portable Hand and Power Tools
- Are hand and portable tools in good condition?
- Are tools equipped with grounds and is wiring satisfactory?
- Are guards in good condition and adequate?
- Is compressed air used for cleaning regulated to 30 psi maximum?
- Is chip guarding and personal protective equipment provided for air cleaning?
- Are impact tools in good operating condition?
- Machine Guarding
- Are all machines secured to the floor?
- Is the point of operation guarded?
- Is illumination adequate?
- Are cut-off devices functioning properly?
- Is the noise level safe?
- Is the tripping mechanism adequately protected and is it operating properly?
- Are there any material flow problems?
- Material Storage
- Are gases, liquids, etc., properly labeled and stored?
- Where hazardous materials are stored, is the area fire safe & restricted?
- Is protective clothing worn when oxidizing agents are used?
- Are hazardous areas posted with NO SMOKING signs?
- Are materials stored so as to create a fire or safety hazard to employees?
- Is material storage on the exterior of building at least 15 feet from the building?
- Surface Preparation, Finishing and Preservation
- Are spray painting facilities properly shielded, ventilated and is approved explosive-atmosphere electrical equipment used?
- Is spray booth in good condition and free of paint accumulation?
- Do employees use face shields or other protective equipment when steam cleaning?
- Is drying equipment in god operating condition and is venting adequate?
- Person Protective Equipment
- Is protective equipment in use where required?
- Is protective equipment in good condition?
- Welding, Cutting, Heating and Brazing
- Are compressed gases properly stored?
- Are welding operations properly screened?