To avoid undue delay in the processing of the research protocols, applicants are asked to make sure all of the following components are completed:
- All responsible individuals involved with the research that are directly involved with human subject participants and/or human subject’s identifiable data must successfully complete the Social/Behavioral Course, Basic Course IRB training.
- Choose ONLY the Social/Behavioral Course, Basic Course
- Submit a signed hard copy of the protocol to the Office of Research Integrity, MSC 5738 or stop by Blue Ridge Hall, Third Floor (Room # 344).
- It must contain signatures of all responsible researchers and the research advisor (if applicable)
- Submit an electronic copy of the form emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Protocols must be submitted electronically in MS Word (.doc) format
Reviewers are given five business days to evaluate each completed protocol.
|Review Application Form|
|Review Application Form||Human Research Review Request (Updated 5/7/2013)
|Informed Consent Forms|
|Confidential Research||Sample Consent Form
|Anonymous Research|| Sample Cover Letter
|Verbal/Oral Informed Consent||
|Parental Consent for Participants Ages 17 & Under||Parental Consent Form|
|Assent for Participants Ages 13-17||Youth Assent Form|
|Assent for Participants Ages 7-12||Child Assent Form|
|Additional Research Forms|
|Off-Campus Research||Site Letter of Permission|
|Adverse Event||Adverse Event Form|
|End of Research||Close-Out Form (replaces the Follow-up Report as of 12/19/2012)
Extension Request Form (new as of 12/19/2012)
Addendum Request Form (new as of 12/19/2012)
|Evaluation||IRB Reviewer Protocol Evaluation Form|