Chapter 36 - Education and Career Counseling Program
VA's Education and Career Counseling program is a great opportunity for Servicemembers and Veterans to get personalized counseling and support to help guide their career paths, ensure most effective use of their VA benefits, and achieve their goals.
- Transitioning Servicemembers within six months prior to discharge from active duty
- Veterans within one year following discharge from active duty
- Any Servicemember/Veteran currently eligible for a VA education benefit
- All current VA education beneficiaries
Services Include Assisting the Servicemember/Veteran with:
- Career Choice - understand the best career options for you based on your interests and capabilities
- Benefits Coaching - guidance on the effective use of your VA benefits and/or other resources to achieve your education and career goals
- Personalized Support - Academic or adjustment counseling and personalized support to help you remove any barriers to your success
It's simple to apply. Just follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-28-8832-ARE.pdf
- Pull up VA Form 28-8832. Print, complete, and mail the form to your nearest VA regional office.
- If it is determined that you are eligible, you will be invited to attend an orientation session at the nearest VA Regional Office
Click here for a fact sheet for the Education and Career Counseling Program