UREC Beach Party
Each year, UREC hosts the "UREC Beach Party" during JMU 1787 Orientation. This event is for first-year and new transfer students and their orientation guides. It will be a breeze to find something fun for everyone at UREC tonight - swim in the "ocean," climb the "cliffs," play sand volleyball, hang out at the luau in the courtyard and more! You'll have the opportunity to meet the UREC student staff and learn what UREC has to offer.
This year's UREC Beach Party will take place Thursday, August 22, 2013 from 9-11pm!
- Luau (Courtyard): Sand Volleyball, Music, Food
- Climb the Rockwall
- Boccer (MAC Gym): New Intramural Sport! Try a combination of soccer and basketball
- Chair Massages (9-10:30pm, 2nd floor Hallway)
- Sport Clubs/Intramural Sports Information Tables (Outside of MAC Gym)
- Inflatables: Wrecking Ball, Velcro Wall, 2-Lane Obstacle Course (Main Gym)
- (Try a class! No registration necessary!)
- Group Fitness Studio: Worldbeat Dance 9:15-9:45pm, Zumba 9:45-10:15pm, Kickboxing 10:15-10:45pm
- Multipurpose Studio: Yoga 9:15-9:45pm, Yoga 9:50-10:20pm, Yoga 10:25-10:55pm
- Cycle Studio: Cycle 9:30-10:00pm, Cycle 10:15-10:45pm
- Fitness 1 & 2: Both areas will be open for participation. All participants must dress in appropriate athletic clothing and footwear. Denim, belts and open-toed shoes will not be permitted.
- TRX: Racquetball Court 8 (2nd Floor) is now the TRX Training Center and will be open.
- Pool: This area will be open for lap swimming, water basketball, and various recreational games will take place throughout the evening. In the pool area will also be a screen for dive-in movie and/or music videos.
If you'd like to work out, leave your flip flops at home! Appropriate exercise attire is required to participate in Fitness I, II and the Pool. This is the only time that new students will be able to workout in Fitness I & II without the rest of the JMU community. Your JACard is your admission ticket.