Disc Golf Course at University Park
University Park features an 18-hole (9-tee) Disc Golf Course! Disc golf is played much like traditional golf. Instead of a ball and clubs, however, players use a flying disc and the hole is an elevated metal basket! Discs are available for check-out with JAC at the UREC Gatehouse. View the course map!
The course is in the wooded area near the large parking lots and top cul-de-sac. Visit www.hdpt.com/ to locate a bus route from your location. If walking, biking, or driving, travel up Port Republic Road from JMU and turn left on Devon Lane. At the end of Devon lane, you will see the UREC Gatehouse. Circle the cul-de-sac and turn right onto the road that leads to the two large parking lots at the top of the hill. The entrance to the Disc Golf Course is located on the cul-de-sac.
- This course is open to JMU students, faculty, and staff. You may be asked to present your valid JACard on the course. Unauthorized use or activity is strictly prohibited.
- Priority is given to those with prior approved reservations; all other use is on a first come basis. If you have a confirmed reservation, please check in at the UREC Gatehouse.
- Alcohol, tobacco products, open flames, and pets are not permitted on the course.
- Dispose of all trash at this location before and after you play.
- Do not throw off a tee until the group in front of you has cleared the hole.
- You can check out discs at the UREC Gatehouse. Scorecards and pencils are located at Tee 1.
- Restrooms, shelter and first aid are available at the UREC Gatehouse.
- If you need assistance, please visit or call the UREC Gatehouse at 540-568-8793.
HOLE DIST. PAR
1A 324' 3