This year's UREC-FEST will take place Thursday, August 21, 2014 from 9-11pm!
Each year, UREC hosts a welcome event for new students (first year and new transfer students) during JMU 1787 Orientation. Meet our staff and learn about everything UREC has to offer. Come prepared to have fun, whether that be to swim in the pool, climb the rockwall, try a group fitness class, use our fitness equipment, or play some pickup sports. There will be food, music and giveaways as well!
If you'd like to work out, appropriate exercise attire is required to participate in Fitness I, II and the Pool. This is the only time that new students will be able to workout in Fitness I & II without the rest of the JMU community. Your JACard is your admission ticket.
- Luau (Courtyard): Sand Volleyball, Music, Food
- Climb the Rockwall
- Boccer (MAC Gym): New Intramural Sport! Try a combination of soccer and basketball
- Chair Massages (9-10:30pm, 2nd floor Hallway)
- Sport Clubs/Intramural Sports Information Tables (Outside of MAC Gym)
- Inflatables: Wrecking Ball, Velcro Wall, 2-Lane Obstacle Course (Main Gym)
- (Try a class! No registration necessary!)
- Group Fitness Studio: Worldbeat Dance 9:15-9:45pm, Zumba 9:45-10:15pm, Kickboxing 10:15-10:45pm
- Multipurpose Studio: Yoga 9:15-9:45pm, Yoga 9:50-10:20pm, Yoga 10:25-10:55pm
- Cycle Studio: Cycle 9:30-10:00pm, Cycle 10:15-10:45pm
- Fitness 1 & 2: Both areas will be open for participation. All participants must dress in appropriate athletic clothing and footwear. Denim, belts and open-toed shoes will not be permitted.
- TRX: Racquetball Court 8 (2nd Floor) is now the TRX Training Center and will be open.
- Pool: This area will be open for lap swimming, water basketball, and various recreational games will take place throughout the evening. In the pool area will also be a screen for dive-in movie and/or music videos.