Event Protocol and Responsibilities
In general, University Events staff will manage the event logistics, while the event owner or planner must provide all aspects of the event program.
Printable version (.pdf)
University Event Responsibilities
- Update Event Detail Summary (EDS) and send to Donna Burch and Sponsoring Dept./Division/College Contact Person.
- Invitation: design/text, print*, mail/email, and manage responses.
- Handle food/catering needs* (SPEV logistics).
- Arrange and set-up decorations*.
- Arrange for shuttle/transportation* between venue and parking areas.
- Arrange for photography*.
- Provide for audio and visual needs*.
- Book music/entertainment*.
- Arrange for Student Ambassadors to serve as greeters, if desired.
- UE Staffs event (if Pres. Alger is attending)
*Indicates expense paid for by the Sponsoring College/Division/Department
Event Planner Responsibilities
- Fill out the Event Request Form and send to University Events (UE) at MSC 1602. Once received/approved, EDS will be sent.
- Fill out the Event Summary Sheet (EDS) with detailed information and send to UE.
- Work with Donna Burch (568-6868 or firstname.lastname@example.org) on the Speaking Engagement/Talking Points form.
- Make your invitation list. We will need first and last names of invitees, e-mail addresses, mailing addresses, salutations, titles, and any other information you feel is important.
- Develop your program, including:
- Message and theme. This will require written approval from the Office of the President.
- Timeline of the event.
- Script development.
- Coordination and invitation of speakers, including guest presenters and President Alger.
- Develop and publish/print your promotional materials: media and/or web, printed programs (design, content, printing).
- Assist with event staffing.
- Help greet, distribute nametags and programs.
- Complete Post-Event Survey