Appealing Parking Citations
- All appealed parking citations are reviewed by the Parking Appeals Committee, a committee composed of faculty, staff and students that operates independent of Parking Services. Employees of Parking Services do not serve on the Parking Appeals Committee.
- The appellant has the option to appear before the Appeals Committee to present his or her case. Appearances before the Appeals Committee will be limited to a maximum of three minutes.
- Appeals must be filed within 10 calendar days of the date the citation was issued.
- If not appealed within 10 calendar days of the issue date, the citation is no longer eligible to be appealed.
- Citations that have been paid must be appealed within 10 calendar days of the date the citation was issued.
- Citations that have been transferred to the University Business Office cannot be appealed.
- All student appeals must be submitted online. The parking citation appeals form can be accessed via the Parking Services website at:
- A citation may be appealed a second time. However, the appellant must pay the citation in full prior to requesting a second appeal review and the second appeal should include additional information or documentation in support of the appellant's appeal.
- Notification of the Parking Appeals Committee's decision will be sent to
the appellant's e-mail address.
- If an appeal is denied, the appellant has 10 calendar days including the date on the notification letter to pay the fine or the 10-day ($5) penalty will apply. If Parking Services is closed, submit payment online at
https://flexecm.jmu.edu/ebusiness/cmn/index.shtmlx or deposit payment in the drop box at the front of the Parking Services office located on the ground level of the Champions Drive Deck. Do not insert cash in the drop box.
Click here to return to the Parking Services homepage