The Office of Madison Institutes provides an exceptional educational experience, designed to meet the changing needs of our students in society and dedicated to achieving the highest level of excellence within our academic programs--advancing the mission of James Madison University-a student-centered institution.
Our efforts center around providing a supportive environment that facilitates learning and development. We strive to help create educated and informed citizens through all of our endeavours; some of which, include:
- In conjunction with the President's office, present the Madison Vision Series
- JMU Office of the President and the Madison Institutes of JMU's Outreach and Engagement presents The Madison Vision Series, Contemporary Issues in an Engaged Society. Funded by donors to the Madison Forever Vision Fund The Madison Vision Series will bring scholars, thinkers and leaders of all kinds to campus for lively explorations of issues facing our contemporary society. As Madison steadfastly believed, cultivating an informed and engaged citizenry is essential to the health of our republican democracy. The Madison Vision Series aims to do just that, as prominent speakers will look at our current civic landscape through the prism of creating an engaged and enlightened citizenry. The series will also reflect upon the continuing relevance of the thoughts and beliefs of our Founding Fathers, particularly James Madison himself.
- Coordinate Project Citizen for the Virginia
- Coordinate iCivics for Virginia
- Coordinate We the People for the Virginia 6th congressional district
- Coordinate the campus Constitution Day celebration
- Coordinate Veterans Scholars Task Force
- The Veteran Scholars Task Force is a university wide committee comprised of students, faculty and staff dedicated to enhancing the student veteran experience and professional development by providing a continuum of services in order to create a more veteran friendly campus where student veterans are welcomed, thrive, and succeed.
- As well as various other campus and community projects
A timeline of the history of the Madison Institutes, is below: