Join us this Spring Break in OBX, NC!
Make your reservation NOW at Sea Ranch Beachfront Resort
Where: Kill Devil Hills, NC—Sea Ranch Resort
When: Sunday, March 5 - Friday, March 10
Who: Open to LLI members, family, and friends (limited to 28 people)
Costs & Reservations
- Two-bedroom oceanfront condo with full kitchen and living room $99 per night + tax (limited number of these rooms)
- Ocean view with balcony $79 per night + tax
- Non-ocean view $59 per night + tax
- ALL meals on your own (15% discount off breakfast at the hotel restaurant)
- Travel: on your own
- Monday and Tuesday lectures, Wednesday guided bus trip, orientation and farewell receptions costs payable to LLI ($135.00)
Booking closes Friday, February 10th!
Sea Ranch Resort—Beachfront at Mile Post 7
1731 N Virginia Dare Trail, Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Make your own reservation directly with the Sea Ranch by phone or website using promo code JMUL
Drive to OBX
7:00PM Reception and Orientation
9:30-10:30AM 'We Were Never More Merry: Musical Encounters between Native and European Peoples" by song historian Jeanne McDougall Zentz,Ph.D.
11:00-12:00PM "The Sea and the Sound, the Ship and the Sailor" songs of work, family and life, by singer/songwriter and Tidewater Troubadour Bob Zentz
PM free time
AM Free time and self-travel to Corolla
1:30PM Lecture on NC Historic Hunting Clubs at the NC Wildlife Education Center in Corolla, followed by an optional tour (fee) of the Whalehead Club
ALL DAY GUIDED BUS TOUR to Ocracoke with narrated history and visits to three lighthouses (local historian/driver)
AM Self-travel to Manteo for various sites: Fort Raleigh, NC Aquarium, Elizabethan Gardens, Roanoke Island Festival Park, and other locations.
7:00PM Wrap-up and Farewell Meeting (Dessert, Coffee, and Tea) at Sea Ranch Resort
10:30AM Check out
Drive home to VA
Call us for more information or to register!