Applying to the Adult Degree Program
The Adult Degree Program is for students who are returning to college to complete their bachelor's degrees.
To be eligible for the program, a prospective student must
- be 22 years of age or older
- have 30 or more transferable college credits
- have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better
Spring 2015 Application Deadline is December 1, 2014
Applying for admission to the Adult Degree Program is a four-step process:
- Contact the ADP office for more information by filling out an online information request form. You may also call our office at 540-568-4255. We will be happy to meet with you to discuss your interest in our program.
- Have transcripts from all two- and four-year colleges you have attended sent to the Adult Degree Program, James Madison University, MSC 6906, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. Once the ADP office has received all of your transcripts, they will be forwarded to the Registrar's office for transfer credit evaluation.
- The Student Services Coordinator will contact you with the results. If you have 30 or more credits, you will be given instructions on how to apply. All ADP applications are now completed online and require an application fee. If you have less than the required 30 credits, the Student Services Coordinator will discuss options with you and help you select an action plan that best fits your goals and schedule.
- After your admissions application has been approved and processed, you will receive an acceptance email from the ADP office and an invoice for the required tuition deposit. After your deposit is paid, you will be able to create your JMU user account and register for classes.
Please note the application process does take 2-3 weeks from the time we receive all your transcripts and submit them for a Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE). Once we receive the TCE back, we will contact you with the results.
For additional information, contact the Adult Degree Program office at 540-568-4255 or 540-568-6824 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to the Adult Degree Program click here and select "I want to apply to the Adult Degree Program."