July 16-18, 2013
Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
JMU Memorial Hall
This camp explores diversity as a whole for all children ages 7-10. It is a camp that will open the eyes of all children to better understand those around them on many levels; family structure, community, personal identity, and leadership.
- A camp made up of youth from all backgrounds
- Ages 7 -10
- Looking at identity and how kids identify themselves in their community
- Looking at various family structures and knowing they’re all okay
- Looking at leadership and how to use your voice in different situations
- Looking at ways to use conflict resolution in everyday experiences
- Looking at service learning and community
- Camp will be activity based keeping kids engaged at all times. Kids should learn without knowing they’re learning.
Please click here to register for Exploring Identity!
Registration Deadline: June 28, 2013
Limited to the first 40 students who register
Questions? Call Katie LaPira at 540/568-5532
Or email email@example.com
Exploring Identity is sponsored by the JMU Office of Diversity, and JMU Outreach & Engagement.