Exploring Identity Camp
Identity ~ Diversity ~ Community
July 23 - 27, 2012
M-F, 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
JMU Memorial Hall
Sign up on our email notification list for Summer 2013 registration info!
This camp explores diversity as a whole for all children ages 7-10. It is a camp that will open the eyes of all children to better understand those around them on many levels; family structure, community, personal identity, and leadership.
- A camp made up of youth from all backgrounds
- Ages 7 -10
- Looking at identity and how kids identify themselves in their community
- Looking at various family structures and knowing they’re all okay
- Looking at leadership and how to use your voice in different situations
- Looking at ways to use conflict resolution in everyday experiences
- Looking at service learning and community
- Camp will be activity based keeping kids engaged at all times. Kids should learn without knowing they’re learning.
Exploring Identity is sponsored by Merck & Co., Inc. in Elkton, VA, the JMU Office of Diversity, and JMU Outreach & Engagement.