We need your assistance to help maintain the fun, creative place for you to meet your programming and community development needs. The resources available to you in FYI are a result of the fees James Madison University residents have paid. Therefore, all of the programs and resources in FYI are to promote and develop community within the residence halls at JMU. These resources are not for your personal or academic use.
Here are some guidelines when visiting FYI:
- Always sign in when you visit. Write your name, hall, position, and the date of your visit.
- Place your bags and coats on the front table.
- Chat with the PA working. They love to have visitors and helping people use the center is what they are there for!
- Limit the number of copies to 15. If you have more than 15, please coordinate in advance with your AD, Community Council or Community Activities Board.
- Printing is limited to 5 color sheets and 10 black and white sheets. Please coordinate in advance with your AD, Community Council or Community Activities Board if you need more than that.
- Do not use copier for personal use.
- Please use no more than 10 sheets of specialty paper, especially at the holiday times. Do not take items from the resource center. Use a DPO or Community Council/Community Activities Board dues to request large amounts, reams, or large packets of construction paper.
- Always, always, always clean up after yourself! It will keep FYI looking great and the PAs and housekeepers happy!
- If you need to laminate something that will remain up all year, please consult with a FYI staff member.
- No Mac-bashing in FYI. We love our Macs and are happy to help you learn to use them.
- Please do not contribute to the waste stream! Check out the recycled letters, be creative and use outlines, and use the back of the paper if you made a mistake.
- Keep the recycled letters/shapes boxes organized.
- When checking out games, movies, equipment, etc. remember to sign it out with a PA and return things cleaned (please, please, please clean all kitchen equipment thoroughly) and with all of the pieces by the given due date. Don’t forget to have a PA write down that you returned the FYI item.
- Please do not discuss other staff members, IDOCs, or any issues you may be having with your job in FYI. Anyone could be listening and FYI isn’t the greatest place to vent. Your Area Director or Hall Director would be happy to talk to you about any of that stuff.
- Please be respectful and limit your cell phone use in the center.
- If you have any questions, comments, or concerns throughout the year, please speak to anyone in FYI, we are here to assist you!
- BE CREATIVE AND HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!