- Any faculty member who will donate their time to facilitating a program that meets the academic needs of your residents.
- FYI—Academic Support Instruction sessions will begin at the beginning of Fall semester. They are independent sessions on basic study skills, test-taking skills, and time and stress management.
- CAP-Career and Academic Planning (x86555)—crazy amounts of academic programming support!
- Internship workshops
- Major Decisions Programs
- A tour of the Academic Resource Center
- Preparing for an Academic Advisor Appointment
- GPA Calculator
- Grad school information
- JMU Guide to Majors
- Values/Interests inventories
- Speech Services (x86349)
- assistance with interpersonal & small group communication skills and public speaking.
- Disability Services (x86705)
- English Language Learner Support (x81759)
- Science and Mathematics Learning Center (x83379)
- Reading and Writing Resource Center (x81759)
- Distance Learning
- Library orientations & resource discussions (http://www.lib.jmu.edu/services/)
- Office of International Programs (x86419)
- Old Programming Cards
- Come to FYI and see what programs have been done in the past.
Our Mission Statement
The Office of Residence Life at James Madison University is committed to designing and maintaining a caring environment that encourages academic success, respect, personal growth and responsibility to one's community.