Storage rooms exist in residence halls to provide students with reasonable space for the temporary storage of personal belongings during the academic year.
The residence hall storage rooms are provided for the convenience of students who use them. No inventory of stored items is made. The university will take reasonable precautions to safeguard the items stored; however, students must understand that items placed in these areas are stored at their risk. The university will make no reimbursement for items lost, damaged or stolen. Items stored during the school year must be picked up before the residence halls close for the summer. The university does not provide storage during the summer months. Check the local phone book for storage alternatives.
Arrangements for the use of the storage area can be made with the hall director or RA. (At no time may an open storage room be left unattended). Stored items must be identified with a storage tag provided by hall staff.
The following are important points to remember when using storage rooms provided by the university:
- University-owned furniture may not be stored in storage rooms.
- Only items with storage tags may be stored. Students are responsible for tagging their storage items.
- Storage tags are available from the residence hall staff.
- Storage items must not be left on the floor of the storage room. Shelves are available in most storage rooms and should be used to maintain a clear walkway into the storage room.
- Storage during the summer is only available between spring and summer sessions and only for students residing in the summer residence hall.
- Storage rooms may be cleared of abandoned property at the university’s discretion each summer.
- The Office of Residence Life is not responsible for the items in the storage rooms. Residents store items at their risk.
Students should not keep the following items in the university storage rooms:
- Gasoline, paint and other flammable liquids and containers
- Platform beds, couches, chairs, bars and similar personal furniture items
- Paper and plastic bags
- University-owned furniture items such as bed parts, desks or dressers
- Loose carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.
Our Mission Statement
Shooting hoops on Lakeside courts