To ensure the safety of all residence hall occupants, residents and staff should adhere to the following guidelines when decorating for holidays.
- No open flames (candles, sterno type products, etc.)
- Utilize battery powered lights inside jack-o-lanterns
- Door decorations are limited to 24 hours
- No decorations on fire doors
- No decorations in stairwells
- No smoke or haze machines
- No disabling of exit signs or emergency lighting
- All decorations must be flame retardant or otherwise non-combustible (acceptable products are crate paper/streamers, spider webs that are not excessive in size or covered with flammable items.)
- Do not block, impede, obstruct, or otherwise obscure any means of egress
- Holiday lights may not be hung in public areas or from any ceiling or doorway. Lights should not pass through a doorway or window. No more than three strands of lights should be connected to one another.
- Live Christmas trees are not permitted in residence halls.
Our Mission Statement
Shooting hoops on Lakeside courts