Skip to Main Content

Maintenance Requests

You are in the main content

On-Campus Housing Maintenance Requests

To Request an Emergency Repair

An emergency is anything which would pose a threat to the health or safety of a resident or could cause damage to the facilities.

Do one of the following to request an Emergency Repair:

  • Contact your RA, Hall Director or House Manager instead of placing an on-line maintenance request.
  • Call for Emergency Maintenance (after business hours & on weekends)

    • Mon-Fri 8am-5pm call Business Operations call (540)568-7576
    • Mon-Fri 5pm-8am and Sat-Sun 7:30am-4:00pm call Work Control (540)568-6101
    • Saturday-Sunday after 4:00pm call JMU Police Department (540)568-6913

To Report an issue with:

  • Laundry Equipment
    • Call Caldwell-Gregory at 1-800-927-9274.
    • Place an “out of order” sign on the machine.
    • To request a refund if you used your JACard, email If cash was used, contact Caldwell-Gregory for a refund.
  • Cable, Phone, or Data Port
  • Vending Machines
    • Call Vending Services at 540-568-6363
  • Mailboxes (Grace Street Residents only)

Submit a Maintenance Request

Use the Online Maintenance Request system to enter a maintenance request for your room or residence hall.


If you have any questions concerning your request, please call ORL Business Operations at (540)568-7576 or email

Routine maintenance requests are usually completed within 3-5 days.
Emergency maintenance requests are usually completed within 24 hours.