On-Campus Housing Maintenance Requests
To Request an Emergency Repair
An emergency is anything which would pose a threat to the health or safety of a resident or could cause damage to the facilities.
Do one of the following to request an Emergency Repair:
- Contact your RA, Hall Director or House Manager instead of placing an on-line maintenance request.
- Call ORL Business Operations at 568-7576 during office hours M-F, 8:00-5:00.
- After 5:00 p.m. and on weekends, call FM Work Control at 568-6101.
To Report an issue with:
- Internet Connectivity/Computer Problem
- Contact the HelpDesk at 540-568-3555 or HelpDesk@jmu.edu
- Laundry Equipment
- Call Caldwell-Gregory at 1-800-927-9274.
- Place an “out of order” sign on the machine.
- To request a refund if you used your JACard, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If cash was used, contact Caldwell-Gregory for a refund.
- Cable, Phone, or Data Port
- Email Telecom at email@example.com or call 540-568-6471.
- Vending Machines
- Call Vending Services at 568-6363
Submit a Work Request
Use the Online Maintenance Request system to enter a work request for your room or residence hall.
If you have any questions concerning your request, please call ORL Business Operations at 540-568-7576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Routine maintenance requests are usually completed within 3-5 days.
Emergency maintenance requests are usually completed within 24 hours.