On-Campus Housing Maintenance Requests
To Request an Emergency Repair
An emergency is anything which would pose a threat to the health or safety of a resident or could cause damage to the facilities.
Do one of the following to request an Emergency Repair:
- Contact your RA, Hall Director or House Manager instead of placing an on-line maintenance request.
Call for Emergency Maintenance (after business hours & on weekends)
- Mon-Fri 8am-5pm call Business Operations call (540)568-7576
- Mon-Fri 5pm-8am and Sat-Sun 7:30am-4:00pm call Work Control (540)568-6101
- Saturday-Sunday after 4:00pm call JMU Police Department (540)568-6913
To Report an issue with:
- Internet Connectivity
- Laundry Equipment
- Call Caldwell-Gregory at 1-800-927-9274.
- Place an “out of order” sign on the machine.
- To request a refund if you used your JACard, email email@example.com. If cash was used, contact Caldwell-Gregory for a refund.
- Cable, Phone, or Data Port
- Email Telecom at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540)568-6471.
- Vending Machines
- Call Vending Services at (540)568-6363
Submit a Work Request
Use the Online Maintenance Request system to enter a work request for your room or residence hall.
If you have any questions concerning your request, please call ORL Business Operations at (540)568-7576 or email email@example.com.
Routine maintenance requests are usually completed within 3-5 days.
Emergency maintenance requests are usually completed within 24 hours.